Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got some new tires coming. Debate now is if wheels are worth getting. Besides looks is there much advantage in aftermarket wheels or is it better to stay stock for offset?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got some new tires coming. Debate now is if wheels are worth getting. Besides looks is there much advantage in aftermarket wheels or is it better to stay stock for offset?

Front stock is narrower than rear, can put same size tire all four corners and have a spare.

Looks.

Offset can be debated ad-nauseam, consider the amount of mud on you and clearance based on tires and lift combination.

Reactions: Dragon21 and JTW
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
thanks, staying narrower to keep mud out is defiantly a plus. only going to 27" so shouldnt be clearance issues. Guess ill stick with stock for now

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The only other benefit aftermarket wheels could give you is the ability to run very low pressures with beadlocks. Getting beadlocks is the only reason I'd consider buying new wheels.

Reactions: joeymt33
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I considered a few different things. I wanted all 4 the same size and wanted a 27 or 28" tire. Out of the 27" tires I liked, no one made a 27x10, and a 9" wide looks goofy (imo) on the rear, and I think a 11" wide would be too wide on the front to steer. For me that meant going up to 28" tires. Tensor does actually offer a 28x10-12, but it seemed a little heavy and I would still have to either buy two oem rear wheels to run on the front so all 4 would match, or buy 4 new 12" wheels. Sooo, in the end I decided to just go ahead and buy a set of 14x7 wheels and that opened up the options to several 28x10-14 tires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!