Stuck in 4wd!

JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
Went riding with my son and nephew, and my Pioneer, with about 100hrs, won't disengage from 4WD! I can see the arm that connects to the transfer case move when I shift from 4wd to Diff Lock, but it doesn't move when I shift from 4wd to 2wd. The bike is 3 wks old and completely stock.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
There are 2 different arms...one for diff lock and another for 4WD/2wd. You need to find the other one and make sure its moving.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Look at part 21, it is the 4x4 leaver.
25 is the diff lock.

Attachments

• HL34F1500.gif
    HL34F1500.gif
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,547
JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
Got it fixed!!! I suspect this will be a common issue with pioneers. There are 2 levers on the transfer case. One for diff lock, and one for 4wd. The one for diff lock is uncovered, easily cleaned, and easily accessible. The one that engages 4wd is covered by black plastic with a drain hole in the bottom. The plastic cover would be fine if it didn't have the large drain hole in the bottom (big enough to fit 2 fingers). A sandy/clay mixture had entered through the drain hole and stopped allowing the 4wd lever to disengage. Got it cleaned. Got it fixed. Lesson learned.

Thanks for your help guys. Saved me an embarrassing trip to the dealer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!