elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Keep an eye on out when you’re on the road or at events - a little new sparkle for the Toyhauler

156f3b94441e73a7b8163aae35d7dbd3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
[="elkaholic, post: 691212, member: 7748"]
Keep an eye on out when you’re on the road or at events - a little new sparkle for the Toyhauler

View attachment 219238

[/QUOTE]
I like it! Looking forward to receiving my radio from you, give me something to do this weekend that I want to do! HA!

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
[="elkaholic, post: 691212, member: 7748"]

View attachment 219238

I like it! Looking forward to receiving my radio from you, give me something to do this weekend that I want to do! HA![/QUOTE]

Tracking is currently estimating a Saturday delivery

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like it! Looking forward to receiving my radio from you, give me something to do this weekend that I want to do! HA!

[/QUOTE]
Well if it doesn't get here Saturday, there's always next week!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Well if it doesn't get here Saturday, there's always next week!
[/QUOTE]
I just watched the Lion King! I'm gelling!

J

JTW

You need to work on putting together a hood headset unit that’s not $1200-$1300!!

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You need to work on putting together a hood headset unit that’s not $1200-$1300!!

Closed ear or open ear?

Boom mic, throat mic, lapel mic?

I can certainly put something together but the problem is there are so amany options that for me right now the cost of inventorying the individual pieces might be prohibitive. That said if there’s something specific you were looking for let me know and I’ll see what I can cobble together.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
J

JTW

Closed ear or open ear?

Boom mic, throat mic, lapel mic?

I can certainly put something together but the problem is there are so amany options that for me right now the cost of inventorying the individual pieces might be prohibitive. That said if there’s something specific you were looking for let me know and I’ll see what I can cobble together.

Like the rugged radio stuff.. @Ragnar406 or @nbomar can explain it better

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Like the rugged radio stuff.. @Ragnar406 or @nbomar can explain it better

OK. I know what you are looking at and that stuff gets expensive but there are alternatives. I don’t see that in my line immediately as I have been operating for 2 months now ...

J

JTW

OK. I know what you are looking at and that stuff gets expensive but there are alternatives. I don’t see that in my line immediately as I have been operating for 2 months now ...

We already have the radios.. it would just be nice to have a plug and play option for our existing stuff that would work and be more economical. There’s no reason it should be $1300 for what it does.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
We already have the radios.. it would just be nice to have a plug and play option for our existing stuff that would work and be more economical. There’s no reason it should be $1300 for what it does.

Got it .... a headset that integrates with a radio to have a microphone is one thing ... adding intercom features is a whole other ballgame. I’ll keep it on the list ...

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Got it .... a headset that integrates with a radio to have a microphone is one thing ... adding intercom features is a whole other ballgame. I’ll keep it on the list ...

I see..

Reactions: Isaiah
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The intercom is what I like the most. My music plays through the system and mutes when people talk. The rides are so much more engaged when you can have a casual conversation while riding. If you see something it’s much easier to share. Also I don’t have crazy ear fatigue from wind noise, engine noise, or loud music when I get done for the day.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The intercom is what I like the most. My music plays through the system and mutes when people talk. The rides are so much more engaged when you can have a casual conversation while riding. If you see something it’s much easier to share. Also I don’t have crazy ear fatigue from wind noise, engine noise, or loud music when I get done for the day.

What system are you using? Will it blue tooth to hearing aids?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Yes and that is what gets somewhat complex and drives up costs. Multiple audio inputs and outputs with automatic muting and switching that is automatic and manual. I will look into it but since this is a “side business” for me it may take some time.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!