Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just watched the video again. It's great, thanks for sharing that with us.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Whether it's big game, small game, or bird hunting I have NEVER seen or even heard of people shooting something and just leaving it there. Unfortunately this is a common misconception amongst people that haven't been exposed to hunting. I get asked all the time by my wife's family, "do you eat what you shoot?" My favorite answer to that is "Do you eat what you buy at the grocery store?"

Off the soapbox now.

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Waste it? I sure hope that isn't an assumption most would make. We boned all the meat off of the carcass and hauled it the 1000 vertical feet up and out of that enormous canyon. We've been enjoying the steak and burger from it ever since :)
I did not made any assumptions, I was just asking. I am glad it was not wasted. I am a hunter myself and I came across several deer carcass with no head and it sure pi... me off..... My son is 3rd generation hunter and enjoy it very much. I was really impressed by your son's shot, I could NOT touch anything that far other than by mistake :) .... Please congratulate him for me. At my hunting place, I only have 100yds shot at most.

Happy hunting.

Martin from Quebec Canada!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same here , when I moved to Montana , I discovered that three guys I ve seen who went for long solo hikes , never brought meat back, just elk horns. Nobody even eats carp here too. Back in Europe yes, here it's waste fish for fertilizing or just fun to bow shoot. For three years beeing in MT, I've transitioned to elk,deer and phesant meat. Don't buy from store anymore, except fish.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same applies to mule deer especially, farmers hunt them but don't keep meat ,except horns, bc they have plenty of beef, so I take deer from them, pay for processing and give away to my friends.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
The Honda worked like a champ of course! I had to go extra slow coming off the mountain, she can pull like a champ but definitely not the best brakes. But I don't care, that's the sweetest most quiet machine I've ever been in!
u said 1000 doesn't have the best brakes?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
u said 1000 doesn't have the best brakes?

That is rather strange. I think the brake are outstanding. They will probably make the vehicle do a "sloppy" if you slam them the pedal on asphalt. First of all, the engine braking is great. Then you add the 4 disc brakes....I have no complaints even running 30" tires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!