BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody have one? Pros / Cons?

Seem to be way better built than most of the standard RV’s on the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would love to have one but too high or look at stock/combo trailers they have some nice ones .on my bucket list . Built better and not so big, just depends what you want

J

JTW

The sundowner is a great option.. I looked at them and the intech. I ended up with the intech because it’s the deal that came along. And the physical opening for the ramp was larger on the intech, which I needed for my machine. But, if I were buying new, the sundowner would be at the top of the list for one big reason. They’re insulated! They’re well built and sundowner has been making nice trailers for a long time. Our gooseneck horse trailer is a sundowner. Dad bought it when I was a kid and it’s still going strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok Now I found the site. Yes I’ve seen them before just couldn’t remember the name. They look like a luxury horse trailer and built nice. Just depends on your wants vrs needs and how much coin you got.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it comes down to what you want...

A house that can carry some toys...and sleep a zillion people.

BE5EE617 677F 4624 97FF C136D4D56D72

Or a trailer that has some of the furnishings of a house and hauls many things reliably.

Two different purposes, two different styles and neither are wrong.

J

JTW

Thanks fellers. Going to go see a couple this weekend and planning a trip to the factory over Memorial Day.

I’ll say this.... with these finished trailers make sure you add everything you want when it comes to wires or anything of that sort. Once all the interior is finished. They’re a pita to reto fit stuff in.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a 2019 2286SGM, 22' LQ including the bunk, and 19' garage with a bit over 15' of that as flat load floor. Being built like a horse trailer, the axles are set pretty far back so they are very heavy on the hitch. Dually territory.

20200223 154748

S

Sr56

May 6, 2019
Murfreesboro
I saw one of these on the highway today. Looked nice as I passed it going up the mountain. Anyone have one?

Aluminumtoyhauler.com

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
ATC makes really nice stuff. Their fifth wheel was not out when I bought my Sundowner. There is zero wood inside. Some stuff is not as rugged as Sundowner, but from the ones I looked at their fit/finish build quality is probably better.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!