P500 Sunshade?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Many times on our evening rides find myself being blinded by the setting sun. Looking for some form of adjustable sunshade visor that works well with the Honda oem windshield and hardtop roof. I'd be interested in what other forum members have come up with, be it purchased or DIY. Thx.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss_Oak
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
would tinting the windshield work?

D

Deleted member 3748

I have my cargo bag mounted to the front bar, too much on the back one already. Plus it keeps everything in front of me when I want it. Hangs down a bit but helps a little. I can see under it just fine, doesn't hinder my line of sight or anything. FWIW.
that's a great idea!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I put this stuff that was made to
cover a dash...best visor...EVER
20170505 153816

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Riding into the sunset...best vison
I get..is looking out my door/window
opening....& slowing down..

Reactions: Dp5hunter
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Damn, pricey for what it is. Doesn't look like that is for a pair either, that's each.
Yes that's a price for each I bought one for my side my wife like it so I bought one for the other side.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes I have two on my pioneer 1000-5 it works ok but it could be bigger.

I see that same comment in a number of reviews. I need to do some measuring tomorrow. I have so many things already mounted to that cross bar, and don't think they will come down far enough.

This is on a dirt road where I can encounter cars/trucks/tractors. Depending on the sun position, can be blinded for a few hundred yards. I do slow it way down and run as far over on the shoulder as possible.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I have my cargo bag mounted to the front bar, too much on the back one already. Plus it keeps everything in front of me when I want it. Hangs down a bit but helps a little. I can see under it just fine, doesn't hinder my line of sight or anything. FWIW.
Thats a great idea ! It's not very convenient to use when mounted on the rear bar at all ....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
20170612 091932

$20....it's to cover dash...lots of colors...
........AUTO ZONE.........

Reactions: Dp5hunter
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Dark sunglasses are not enough at times. I think I want something opaque that can moved/flipped down for when needed, and out of the direct viewing, when not.
Not trying to be a smart alek, and am entirely serious. A baseball cap works wonders, or if you wear a helmet the longer visor that can be adjusted works well to. No matter what, glare on the windshield makes it nearly impossible to see anything at times.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Not trying to be a smart alek, and am entirely serious. A baseball cap works wonders, or if you wear a helmet the longer visor that can be adjusted works well to. No matter what, glare on the windshield makes it nearly impossible to see anything at times.
Agree...totally
..I find myself hanging out
door..to see..that's with sunglasses
& baseball cap...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!