Super ATV Glass Windshield- Can it be towed backwards?

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey guys, looking at buying this: Super ATV Front Glass Windshield

The super atv glass front windshield with wiper, but I have to tow the talon backwards on the trailer otherwise there isn't enough tongue weight, Is this okay with the windshield?

Reactions: TxDoc
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you have any kind of rear panel? If not, I'd be afraid to tow backwards.

Last edited:
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey guys, looking at buying this: Super ATV Front Glass Windshield

The super atv glass front windshield with wiper, but I have to tow the talon backwards on the trailer otherwise there isn't enough tongue weight, Is this okay with the windshield?
Have you looked at the Tusk glass windshield that folds down on the hood (like an old Willie's Jeep)?...

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Without a back window I would have the same fear as @Cuoutdoors towing it backwards. I have towed mine backwards with the Super ATV flip windshield But I do have a back window on it.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine is a 3 seat with glass windshield and has a soft back panel. Judging by the tension on the rear panel when I tow it backwards im worried the windshield would blow out.

If you have a windshield and roof my thought is its acting more like a parachute than a deflector. I could be wrong but I'd hate to see a sheet of glass come out on the interstate. Somebody always has to be first to try though 😃. If you give it a shot let us know.

Adam_20_Adam

Adam_20_Adam

Aug 25, 2019
Western Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I have the honda full glass windshield. I always tow it backwards. No issues. In fact its usually drier inside the seating area than outside when its raining while being towed. Gotta be some sort of pressure differences. Probably have a few thousand miles with it loaded backwards by now.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the honda full glass windshield. I always tow it backwards. No issues. In fact its usually drier inside the seating area than outside when its raining while being towed. Gotta be some sort of pressure differences. Probably have a few thousand miles with it loaded backwards by now.

Nothing on the rear? I assume there's a roof....

Good to know!

It definitely creates low pressure in the cab. Glad to hear someone has tried it.

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks guys. No back panel. Hopefully super atv will chime in.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I don't know, it makes me a little nervous. I think slow short trips would be ok, but I wouldn't do it personally. Its super easy to remove, so I'd just take it off when you trailer it. Its just the 4 clamps. Nothing to it.
It could be totally fine, but I wouldn't take the chance personally.

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

Nov 15, 2020
Riverside, Ca
Ownership

1. Talon X4
What about towing forward facing but load the trailer tongue down with a few sand bags just to correct the weight distribution. Shouldn’t take much unless your trailer is really short 🤷🏻‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!