P1000 SuperATV Rear Windshield

Z

zandroid

Jan 12, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone tried the SuperATV Rear Windshield?
Honda Pioneer 1000 Rear Windshield

It's $229 for the light tint; about $100 more than the Honda Fabric Rear Panel or $270 less than the Honda Hard Rear Panel. SuperATV dark tint version is $299. I think the angled design of the rear area of the P1k-3 cab makes getting an inexpensive rear panel difficult.

There are detailed pictures in the above link. There are couple gaps where the rear windshield does not completely seal against the back of the roll bars/seat back panel. I think I could seal these further if needed with foam tubing or weather stripping.

I haven't seen any complaints about the Honda Fabric Rear Panel, but I'm concerned about rips or tears. The main complaint I have seen about the Honda Hard Rear Panel is visibility issues. The SuperATV Rear Windshield seems to solve both of those concerns. The Kolpin rear panel for the P1k-3 universally gets poor reviews, including poor installation instruction, impeding the ability to dump the bed, and poor overall quality.

I live in Georgia, so I don't intend to get a full cab enclosure. My use would be to keep debris from coming in through the back of the cab while using a full windshield. I have the Honda split windshield. When it's closed debris comes in through the back of the cab. Once the Georgia heat gets here, I will likely remove the top portion of the windshield, not just prop it open. I had originally planned to get the Honda Fabric Rear Panel mainly due to the positive reviews, price, and ease of removal/ability to open. SuperATV touts that their rear windshield installs and removes in minutes.

I have an email out to SuperATV with questions concerning using the rear windshield without the full cab enclosure, if it impedes the function of the dump bed, and if it will install with the Honda Roof.

Any input for the forum is appreciated!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone tried the SuperATV Rear Windshield?
Honda Pioneer 1000 Rear Windshield

It's $229 for the light tint; about $100 more than the Honda Fabric Rear Panel or $270 less than the Honda Hard Rear Panel. SuperATV dark tint version is $299. I think the angled design of the rear area of the P1k-3 cab makes getting an inexpensive rear panel difficult.

There are detailed pictures in the above link. There are couple gaps where the rear windshield does not completely seal against the back of the roll bars/seat back panel. I think I could seal these further if needed with foam tubing or weather stripping.

I haven't seen any complaints about the Honda Fabric Rear Panel, but I'm concerned about rips or tears. The main complaint I have seen about the Honda Hard Rear Panel is visibility issues. The SuperATV Rear Windshield seems to solve both of those concerns. The Kolpin rear panel for the P1k-3 universally gets poor reviews, including poor installation instruction, impeding the ability to dump the bed, and poor overall quality.

I live in Georgia, so I don't intend to get a full cab enclosure. My use would be to keep debris from coming in through the back of the cab while using a full windshield. I have the Honda split windshield. When it's closed debris comes in through the back of the cab. Once the Georgia heat gets here, I will likely remove the top portion of the windshield, not just prop it open. I had originally planned to get the Honda Fabric Rear Panel mainly due to the positive reviews, price, and ease of removal/ability to open. SuperATV touts that their rear windshield installs and removes in minutes.

I have an email out to SuperATV with questions concerning using the rear windshield without the full cab enclosure, if it impedes the function of the dump bed, and if it will install with the Honda Roof.

Any input for the forum is appreciated!
I don't think I have ever even see that before - the pictures show what appears to be a hard doors as well might be offered

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know if that is new or not - I always look on the 1000-5 page I guess but here are the doors

Honda Pioneer 1000 Full Cab Enclosure Doors

Upload 2019 2 27 16 26 33

Upload 2019 2 27 16 27 7

Pic of rear windshield
Upload 2019 2 27 16 27 43

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Z

zandroid

Jan 12, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got a response from SuperATV. The SuperATV rear windshield can be used without the cab enclosure. It works with the Honda Roof and does not impede the dump bed.

Looks like there are two clamps on each side and the four bolts in the top corners holding it on the P1k-3, so installing/removing should not be too involved. Assuming it's rigid/robust on the frame of the windshield.

I'm at an in between spot in the weather locally. We will get some cool temps for another two weeks or so, but come April it will be warm enough to open the front windshield or consider removing the top half of it. So I may not have a need for a rear panel/windshield right now. I will need to see if the debris and dust persist with the top half of the windshield removed.

If I purchase before next fall I will update this thread.

Z

zandroid

Jan 12, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Posting an update on this thread. I ended up buying the Honda fabric rear panel. I didn't want to be the guinea pig on a new product. In hindsight, after having issues installing the Honda fabric rear, I'm glad I didn't get the SuperATV rear windshield because it does not appear to have cut outs for the rear clamps on the Honda hard roof.

My 3p Honda fabric rear panel doesn't have cut outs either but I was able to make it work. I think trying to make the SuperATV rear windshield work will be harder.

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SuperATV also makes a nice rear windshield for the P1000-5. It's flat, two piece (with the smaller upper part being fixed and the lower part opening upwards with two gas spring assists.

Pros, well made, looks good, opens and closes easily, should cut down on dust etc.

Cons, gotta remember to duck your head when it's open, upper rear net attach points will not fit (I'll use hook/loop tape for that), the instructions say don't transport on exposed trailer without either removing windshield (I THINK NOT!) or putting a strap around it - a bother, but doable.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SuperATV also makes a nice rear windshield for the P1000-5. It's flat, two piece (with the smaller upper part being fixed and the lower part opening upwards with two gas spring assists.

Pros, well made, looks good, opens and closes easily, should cut down on dust etc.

Cons, gotta remember to duck your head when it's open, upper rear net attach points will not fit (I'll use hook/loop tape for that), the instructions say don't transport on exposed trailer without either removing windshield (I THINK NOT!) or putting a strap around it - a bother, but doable.
I trailer mine all the time at 70mph and do nothing for the rear window, zero issues, I used zip ties to reconnect the net attachment.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I trailer mine all the time at 70mph and do nothing for the rear window, zero issues, I used zip ties to reconnect the net attachment.
They should mention that in the instructions. There's no way you can move the windshield higher, as the upper 1.75" clamp is already against the upper radius of the vertical roll cage.

Talked to a neighbor who installed on his '20 P1K-5, and he experienced the same. He used a longer bolt that places the net attach further inboard . . . not an elegant solution IMO. This is not a big deal, IMO, I was also going to use some large black nylon ties, but then decided a good wrap of hook and loop will work just as well after cutting off the black plastic fitting from the net loop.