SUSPENSION NOISE

C

Capitan

May 26, 2020
Friant, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HONDA Pioneer 1000-5 : I am hearing a popping noise in the suspension. Sounds like it's coming from the front end. My last service I mentioned this noise, but it was very mild. I was told they do make a popping noise. Is this true and is it because the machine is getting older? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If u can upload a video of the noise? Its hard to diagnose a noise without hearing it.

My first thought is to look at the brackets on the frame where the front A arms attach. They like to split on the frame mounting bracket depending on what yr you have? You didnt say?
Also the front arm bushings dry out and squeak.

Last edited:
C

Capitan

May 26, 2020
Friant, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If u can upload a video of the noise? Its hard to diagnose a noise without hearing it.

My first thought is to look at the brackets on the frame where the front A arms attach. They like to split on the frame mounting bracket depending on what yr you have? You didnt say?
Also the front arm bushings dry out and squeak.
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. What you have written makes sense. Ill try to look at the brackets, somewhat limited right now. Two weeks ago I had a complete shoulder replacement

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. What you have written makes sense. Ill try to look at the brackets, somewhat limited right now. Two weeks ago I had a complete shoulder replacement
Yikes! Thats sucks!
Hope u get better soon.

Yeah I would look at those 2 things first. If that dosnt fix it, we will need an audio/video to help further or it will be like throwing darts at a dart board

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully the shoulder heals up quickly and gets you back to the life you want to live. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Reactions: NorthernJoe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!