Steering Column making noise when turning wheel on P1000-6

S

scafe007

Sep 6, 2023
Austin TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I have a 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 with 400 miles on it. I recently unloaded off the trailer while it was in 4 wheel drive and after turning the wheels unloading the steering wheel and column makes noise every time the steering wheel is turned. the noise is coming only from the front of the machine.

Has anyone had issues with this before or know what the solution to fix? It just started doing this. I have cleaned the steering wheel and cloumn so there isn't any mud or anything like there and not sure how to resolved. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: TxDoc and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 with 400 miles on it. I recently unloaded off the trailer while it was in 4 wheel drive and after turning the wheels unloading the steering wheel and column makes noise every time the steering wheel is turned. the noise is coming only from the front of the machine.

Has anyone had issues with this before or know what the solution to fix? It just started doing this. I have cleaned the steering wheel and cloumn so there isn't any mud or anything like there and not sure how to resolved. Thanks in advance!
What he said 👇
What kind of noise?
Is it a squeak, grind, popping.....?? Does it do it just by turning a bit or only when turning a lot, machine on or off??.........we need details

.....If you can upload a video even better 👍

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
the steering wheel and column makes noise every time the steering wheel is turned
U sure? I cant hear it🦻🏻
Oh u didnt post audio or a vidgea no wonder why🤣
I had a noise like that, It was the passenger seat cover sqeeking every time i hit a bump 😏
Just givin u $hit. Het these all the time. Just hard to diag without us physically hearing the noise.

Reactions: JenElio
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

hard to diagnose, can you jack up, have some turn the wheel and spray some wd-40 or similar at all the pivots - there shouldn't be any noises but who knows whats been added if anything, etc.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!