P700 Swamped p700-4

G

Gottaride68

Jul 7, 2018
Northern Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello Y'all, I swamped my P700 this past wkend. Got it home, the next day I did approx. 10 oil flushes. Fired it up, got it idling smooth, went out for test ride, it went good for a few km/miles, then the tranny or clutch started slipping. it would loose all drive. So I shut it down, started back up and it would go good for bit, then start slipping. I got it back home, and here it sits.
Why would it slip? Either the tranny or clutch is slipping.
I'm scared this one is gonna cost me...again. I need some advise.

Last edited:
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I do know if the oil is too low that will happen. Try putting a extra 1/2 quart in. Just something simple too try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
G

Gottaride68

Jul 7, 2018
Northern Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I checked the dipstick, and the oil level is topped right up. In there right now is a synthetic SAE 10/40. Could it be this oil? To slippery??? Haha

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I sunk my p700 a while ago really bad. I had to change my oil about 10 times to get all the milk shake out. After first 3 oil changes, I filled it back up and moved it back and forward about 10 feet. Since the tranny and engine share the blood supply, you need to get the tranny fluid moving as well.

Check your oil and see if you have any discoloration. I hope there still is. I would bet that on your test drive you pulled some of the milk shake out of the tranny and the oil is now white'ish.

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Also, be careful what oil you use. The oil bath clutch system is very picky about what oil to use. There are an endless amount of debates on what oil we can use. Honda wants us to use Honda oil but man it is very expensive. Some swear that synthetic is the best but that to is expensive. If you have questions read the owners manual and do some research.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ989
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Could also try unplugging ecm and cleaning the plus or maybe check ground wires if it shifts right then messes up sounds more electrical or might could try Honda oil if it’s something simple this time I suggest a snorkel be your next mod it’s like insurance it’s there when you need it

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ouch

I'm afraid they are going to rape you.

Keep us posted.

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
G

Gottaride68

Jul 7, 2018
Northern Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well the Doctor called a couple hours ago, and he said......I have some good news for you, its not as bad as we thought...Just a couple plugged oil breather lines apparently. They hooked it up, and it read high oil pressure. So they cleared the slug out from the lines, and it seems to be shifting, they got it up to speed, 60km, 70 km no problem. So my $4000 bill turns out to be a $300 dollar bill. WHAT A LOAD OFF MY MIND!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!