Sweet Deal or Not So Much?

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I couldn’t hit anything with a 380 LCP. Then tried one with a laser dot. Found out that that pulling the trigger caused the muzzle to move all over the place as it fired, why I couldn’t hit anything, even at 20 feet. If you have a hand that’s much bigger than the LCP, need to learn how to overcome that. I gave up, could not find a way to shoot straight with it. My solution is to stay with the 1911, it does not have that problem. Tough to put in your pocket, though.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I couldn’t hit anything with a 380 LCP. Then tried one with a laser dot. Found out that that pulling the trigger caused the muzzle to move all over the place as it fired, why I couldn’t hit anything, even at 20 feet. If you have a hand that’s much bigger than the LCP, need to learn how to overcome that. I gave up, could not find a way to shoot straight with it. My solution is to stay with the 1911, it does not have that problem. Tough to put in your pocket, though.
That is a common thing. Using the actual finger tip instead of the inside of the knuckle is a big help.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Funny you say that, cuz I had a similar issue with A S&W bodyguard .38 special airlite snub nose revolver. I couldnt hit the barn if i was standing in it! The trigger was so hard it jerked even with the CT laser. Got a larger grip and it helped but still wasnt great. Traded that SOB 🤣

N

Nvrgiveup

That is a common thing. Using the actual finger tip instead of the inside of the knuckle is a big help.
Another big help is to use and train with the weapon as it was designed and engineered to be used. Not sure of your training distance, but remember that these defensive subcompact weapons are not shooter friendly at distances beyond 10 yards. Since the overwhelming majority of armed defensive civilian encounters is less than 15', I train at 5-15' but never more than 20', in standing, kneeling and laying on my back. Drawing from a holstered position. shooting around cover, etc.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Another big help is to use and train with the weapon as it was designed and engineered to be used. Not sure of your training distance, but remember that these defensive subcompact weapons are not shooter friendly at distances beyond 10 yards. Since the overwhelming majority of armed defensive civilian encounters is less than 5", I train at 3-10' but never more than 20', in standing, kneeling and laying on my back. Drawing from a holstered position. shooting around cover, etc.
No doubt, these autos are 25ft tools. I can be accurate with my PX4 sub compact at about 50ft., which was very surprising to me.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I carry hollow points in the 9mm but FMJ's for the lower calibers. Obviously either one will do damage, and I've probably watched too many videos on the subject, but my understanding is that the smaller calibers won't achieve enough penetration with hollow points to be lethal. 🤷‍♂️

A .22 magnum (WMR) will.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I carried an original LCP for several years as a backup or when I "couldn't " carry for whatever reason. Traded it off when the LCP II came out. Much better trigger than the original and somewhat usable sights compared to the original. It doesnt see much use anymore but still like to have it as an option for when I'm wearing ballshorts or cant carry IWB.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats a good deal. I have a Taurus 380 tcp, its a fun very concealable plinker. I have over 3,000 rounds of 380 most that i reloaded. Your going to be close proximity If u have to use a 380 for self defense. You prob know that.
I like my Sig M2 .40 but its heavy. I Have a 709slim thats fun and easy to cary and a few other 9’s. My Seal issue 39-2 S&W 9 is my favorite of the bunch. recently picked up a Taurus 6shot hammerless .38 special snub nose revolver Ive been carrying lately. Enjoy that Ruger.

And of corse tragically all of it was lost in the house fire when My wife was learning to cook some years ago! :rolleyes:
P.O.I.D.H

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
P.O.I.D.H

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Most of these guns dont need sights stick in his gut pull the trigger.Most require to much thinking in a pinch.Shoot 2-3 times and run off chances they will not follow.Next shot should be in the ear.
But what if your on the way to Church and don't wan't to get dirty?

Reactions: ChadD
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I carried an original LCP for several years as a backup or when I "couldn't " carry for whatever reason. Traded it off when the LCP II came out. Much better trigger than the original and somewhat usable sights compared to the original. It doesnt see much use anymore but still like to have it as an option for when I'm wearing ballshorts or cant carry IWB.
Lcp11 much better than the lcp. I hated the original LCP. Reminded me of the Kel Tec. I have one with the Galloway Sigurd Short stroke trigger. Gets rid of the finger pinch and makes trigger even better.

N

Nvrgiveup

Lcp11 much better than the lcp. I hated the original LCP. Reminded me of the Kel Tec. I have one with the Galloway Sigurd Short stroke trigger. Gets rid of the finger pinch and makes trigger even better.
I like it for what it is. It doesn’t provide true stopping power, but it should be enough to create enough distance and get away from the bad guy. I wouldn’t consider carrying it for an EDC weapon though.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like it for what it is. It doesn’t provide true stopping power, but it should be enough to create enough distance and get away from the bad guy. I wouldn’t consider carrying it for an EDC weapon though.
I carry depending on attire. We have a lot of warmer weather here. There are times when I might be biking or bikepacking and can really on carry small. I was talking to one of my LEO friends and he was shocked to here more people die of 22 and 380 than all others. Like they say , best side arm is the one you are carrying

N

Nvrgiveup

I carry depending on attire. We have a lot of warmer weather here. There are times when I might be biking or bikepacking and can really on carry small. I was talking to one of my LEO friends and he was shocked to here more people die of 22 and 380 than all others. Like they say , best side arm is the one you are carrying
A .22 in the chest is better than a .44 in the foot is what I used to tell my troopers!