Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but wanted to check. If running this switch panel, do I need to individually fuse each accessory or can I run the entire panel off a 100w disconnect?

Marine Switch Panel,Loftstyle LED 6 Gang Rocker Switch Panel Waterproof 5pin On/Off Circuit Breakers with 12V Cigarette Socket + Digital Voltmeter + 2 USB Power Charger Adapter for Car / Boat Marine Amazon.com: Marine Switch Panel,Loftstyle LED 6 Gang Rocker Switch Panel Waterproof 5pin On/Off Circuit Breakers with 12V Cigarette Socket + Digital Voltmeter + 2 USB Power Charger Adapter for Car / Boat Marine: Automotive

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but wanted to check. If running this switch panel, do I need to individually fuse each accessory or can I run the entire panel off a 100w disconnect?

Marine Switch Panel,Loftstyle LED 6 Gang Rocker Switch Panel Waterproof 5pin On/Off Circuit Breakers with 12V Cigarette Socket + Digital Voltmeter + 2 USB Power Charger Adapter for Car / Boat Marine Amazon.com: Marine Switch Panel,Loftstyle LED 6 Gang Rocker Switch Panel Waterproof 5pin On/Off Circuit Breakers with 12V Cigarette Socket + Digital Voltmeter + 2 USB Power Charger Adapter for Car / Boat Marine: Automotive

It says it has circuit breakers but I'm not seeing them. If it has them no you don't need fuses.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It says it has circuit breakers but I'm not seeing them. If it has them no you don't need fuses.

If it has breakers I have no idea where

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Fuses then.

Yea that's what I'm thinking. It's strange they would wire all the switches like that. Gonna have to undo the wiring for that.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea that's what I'm thinking. It's strange they would wire all the switches like that. Gonna have to undo the wiring for that.

Just put the fuse on the output side. It'll break the circuit either way.

themightymet

themightymet

May 2, 2017
Northeast Ohio
The prewireing installed on this is made to work off an ignition controlled relay. There are two positive red wires and two grounds. One of the red positive wires is for the switches and the other for the voltage meter, USB, and the 12V port. They can both run off one relay if its big enough. You would want to run a constant power wire from your battery to the relay with a fuse close to the battery. Then a ignition switched wire to the relay that will tell the relay to power up the panel. The grounds can be attached to the frame together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The prewireing installed on this is made to work off an ignition controlled relay. There are two positive red wires and two grounds. One of the red positive wires is for the switches and the other for the voltage meter, USB, and the 12V port. They can both run off one relay if its big enough. You would want to run a constant power wire from your battery to the relay with a fuse close to the battery. Then a ignition switched wire to the relay that will tell the relay to power up the panel. The grounds can be attached to the frame together.

So 1 fuse is enough to protect everything on that panel? I feel like each should be protected individually incase of a short.

themightymet

themightymet

May 2, 2017
Northeast Ohio
If any one of them short it should blow the fuse.

themightymet

themightymet

May 2, 2017
Northeast Ohio
It wouldn't hurt to fuse them all but you still want to fuse your power supply as close to the battery as possible.

advertisement
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It wouldn't hurt to fuse them all but you still want to fuse your power supply as close to the battery as possible.

I have a 100amp disconnect that I run to from the battery. Typically I run from that to a fuse block and fuse each accessory from there

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!