P1000 Switch Panel

MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am installing a switch panel with a horn, whip lights, interior light, winch, LED light, rear lights, wiper, dual USB, 12 volt plug and dual volt meter, I will install a extra battery with a battery isolator. I have a fused panel but would like to have the interior light, USB, rear light run off the battery with everything else off the key switch. Any suggestions how to do it? Do I need 2 fuse panels? 2 solenoids? Or keyed power then a switch to have power with key off? I am not good with electrical so dumb it down.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hook up Your Aux. Battery and isolator first, run a relay from aux. Battery to aux. Fuse block set this up as Your main , trip relay with keyed accessory wire, when you turn on key (relay trips) and powers your aux fuse block run all accessories out of aux fuse block and pull off of aux battery, run all accessories thru relays powered from aux battery, switches trip relays only, reserve main or starter battery for vehicle operations only, if you want key off power just run a direct power section in your fuse block (couple of fuses) just for power all the time powered directly to aux fuse block from aux battery, run power from that section to relay then to accessory,,,, You can wire your fuse block to have partial key on and all the time power just divide one or two fuse sections just for power all the time,,,,,,

Last edited:
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Each section of your fuse block should be independent you will jump wire all the ones that you want to run on a given circuit, so just as an example if you have 12 fuses you can run keyed powder to first fuse then jump wire however many fuse sections you want then do the same on the remaining fuses for power all the time,,,,,,

MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hook up Your Aux. Battery and isolator first, run a relay from aux. Battery to aux. Fuse block set this up as Your main , trip relay with keyed accessory wire, when you turn on key (relay trips) and powers your aux fuse block run all accessories out of aux fuse block and pull off of aux battery, run all accessories thru relays powered from aux battery, switches trip relays only, reserve main or starter battery for vehicle operations only, if you want key off power just run a direct power section in your fuse block (couple of fuses) just for power all the time powered directly to aux fuse block from aux battery, run power from that section to relay then to accessory,,,, You can wire your fuse block to have partial key on and all the time power just divide one or two fuse sections just for power all the time,,,,,,
Not sure how to get part of the fuse panel to work with key

Fuse panel

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure how to get part of the fuse panel to work with key

View attachment 188166
Sorry, with that type fuse block You would not be able to separate circuit, I used a Blue Sea independent circuit block where each fuse has a feed side on one end and load on the other that way you can jump wire feed side as many circuits you want and devide them,,,,,

Reactions: ProudDadOf5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!