Switches for Dash panel?

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Anyone have links for nice switches?

I need a heater fan switch, preferably 4 position, Although 3 would work. I cant seem to find anything that looks nice and is sized right.

Also need rockers, Not sure if I want to buy labeled switches, or just engrave my dash plate with the labels and use blank switches. The labeled switches seem pretty pricey from what Ive seen.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
http://Www.otrattw.com has good rockers , they can custom etch designs as well. They also have a 3 pos switch off-on-on.

Not sure about a 4 position heater switch. Probably need to source a rotary fan speed switch somewhere.

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
On the automotive side in almost any ignition line like Standard Ignition, BWD, NAPA and some others they have a rheostat style switch made for heaters 12volt. A lot of the old Fords and Chevy pickups had this style of heater switch. You might stop by one of your favorite parts stores and they may even have one in stock.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I wound up buying rockers from OTRATTW.com, thanks for the links- the switches look great.

I got a winch power, winch in/out, and 2 Acc switches.

For the heater fan, I found a BMW heater switch on ebay that was simple, well sized and easy to mount. The only issue really, is its for a 4 speed fan, and my blower is a 3. I'm not sure making a diff resistor pack to have 4 speeds is worth the hassle. I might try to mechanically limit the switch instead.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Almost forgot, If someone could post the exact dimensions of the dash panel that would be great. Since Im stuck sitting on my thumbs waiting for a 700-4, maybe I can get alot of things ready before it arrives.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
9.7x4.73 with1/4" radius on corners .177 thickness.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!