P1000 SXS Proof of ownership

O

Obob

Apr 5, 2021
Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have my Title for my P1k5, but my concern is I don't have anything to carry with me when riding. like a registration?
Was I supposed to do something at the SOS here in Michigan ? I had the Application for title in glove box.
But in the back of my mind i'm thinking the Dealer may have said something about within 15 days that there was something i had to do.
Well after waiting 4 months fot it. I just wanted to get it on the trailer and get it home and off the trailer asap! Absent minded LOL.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have my Title for my P1k5, but my concern is I don't have anything to carry with me when riding. like a registration?
Was I supposed to do something at the SOS here in Michigan ? I had the Application for title in glove box.
But in the back of my mind i'm thinking the Dealer may have said something about within 15 days that there was something i had to do.
Well after waiting 4 months fot it. I just wanted to get it on the trailer and get it home and off the trailer asap! Absent minded LOL.
Proof of insurance should have the vin number on it and your name.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Title only. No registration required. Since you're not required to carry a registration, there's no need to worry about not carrying it while riding. Unless you only plan on riding on private land, just make sure your ORV license and trail permit (aka stickers) are properly attached and valid. I do that and carry a copy of my proof of insurance.

The only off-road vehicles that require a Michigan registration and license plate are those that have been legally modified and retitled as an assembled vehicle for use on public roads.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have a proof of insurance certificate with mine, just the $10 and $26 DNR stickers attached to the rear side of the Pioneer. My insurance carrier (Auto-Owners Ins. Co.) puts recreational vehicles like the 1000-5 under my house insurance policy. I guess I could carry a copy of the house insurance policy in the glove box showing the recreational vehicle add-on. You should be good.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looking back at the title of this thread (admittedly for the first time), I see "SXS Proof of ownership".

In Michigan, the only thing that conveys ownership is the title.

As such, a copy of the title would be the only document that indicates proof of ownership.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Geez you have it easy. Here we need prof of registration . We have to have it plated .We need to have insurance , Also a valid drivers license . On you own property that isn't required. Any trail riding etc: or back country road riding it's a must. Lots of jurisdictions don't allow back country road riding .Any paved roads highways are a no go. Were I live were allowed gravel roads [not on pavement].You can cross pavement only at crossings . So you need to be aware of what is allowed and what isn't.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don't have a proof of insurance certificate with mine, just the $10 and $26 DNR stickers attached to the rear side of the Pioneer. My insurance carrier (Auto-Owners Ins. Co.) puts recreational vehicles like the 1000-5 under my house insurance policy. I guess I could carry a copy of the house insurance policy in the glove box showing the recreational vehicle add-on. You should be good.
☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Over 30K miles on 5 machines in a slew of states and I’ve only had one encounter with LEO who was concerned about the state sticker only…

Reactions: Vikes79
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Geez you have it easy. Here we need prof of registration . We have to have it plated .We need to have insurance , Also a valid drivers license . On you own property that isn't required. Any trail riding etc: or back country road riding it's a must. Lots of jurisdictions don't allow back country road riding .Any paved roads highways are a no go. Were I live were allowed gravel roads [not on pavement].You can cross pavement only at crossings . So you need to be aware of what is allowed and what isn't.
Well, you smellers elected (and re-elected) Justin Trudeau, so you probably deserve all that nonsense anyways ... 😆

O

Obob

Apr 5, 2021
Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Okay thanks for all your reply's.
In Michigan, Manistee and Huron National Forests, The (aka) Federal forest roads are now open for ORV's.
Their 2021 Map shows this.
I'm not sure when exactly this went into effect, I'm thinking this fall (2021 dated Map).
I know this a fairly new thing. When Viewing the map I found my self looking at the forest roads in my area
and then looking at an outline box loaded with Rd numbers and I'm thinking Crap why this or that rd not there.
That box is loaded with open Rd's that are to short to actually be put on the map and be seen..
Probably many of you already know this, But for those of you don't this is probably good news.
Enjoy!

Reactions: Lady01 and Scoop
O

Obob

Apr 5, 2021
Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
In Michigan We Do have MISORVA !

Reactions: Lady01
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What Province are you living in?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!