Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone have a schematic or know how to tap into the tail light? Looking to hook up a trailer that has a tail light. Don't need turn signals and all that, basically what the 500 has already, stop and tail. Does anyone make a quick connect for this? Wouldn't think it would be a four prong with no turn signals. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Here is the layout. Not aware of any quick connect for this. Just tap into them with a Ez-tap.
Green = Ground
Brown = Lights
Green/Yellow = Brake light.

Ended up ordering a third brake light on Amazon. Well, really a second brake light but...will mount on the back of the Honda roof. Didn't really want wiring on the trailer or a pig tail hanging off of the back of the machine, just to get snagged on something and torn off. This way it can be seen above the trailer and will function when not towing anything as well. It's LED and will just be brake light, no tail light.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I spliced into those wires for LED strip lights I added to the fenders. Both the light and brake. Worked fine. I just wanted some extra visibility for any vehicles that come up on us from behind, when on dirt roads. A high mount like you are planning might have been better.

J

Jshell3

I never did get around to wiring up reverse lights. It was difficult to reach the wiring plug that feed the transmission selector. (Grey wire, negative).
I think the reverse lights were still wrapped around the frame when @Killer47 loaded it in his truck.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!