P1000 Tailgate leveling cables

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So about 5 years ago l bought a pair of leveling cables for the tailgate from Farmer. I hope you all do the same. Its the cheapest and way easiest way to make the tailgate lay flat. One of mine broke because l use the crap out of my pioneer and he instantly contacted me about the problem. And he stands by his products.

Get your tailgate to lay flat by ordering new cables here... Longer Tailgate Cables For Honda Pioneer 700 & 1000 | eBay

Now on Amazon.... Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Honda Pioneer UTV 700 & 1000 Extended Tailgate Cables
s by his word.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Does @Farmer still make these cables?
Just extend the existing cables. Go to your local hardware store and buy two cold shuts. Should be $1 or $1.50.

This is a cold shut. Have to double-check the correct size. Fairly certain it's 1/4".

Image stolen from this post. Credit to @toddvdh

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just extend the existing cables. Go to your local hardware store and buy two cold shuts. Should be $1 or $1.50.

This is a cold shut. Have to double-check the correct size. Fairly certain it's 1/4".

Image stolen from this post. Credit to @toddvdh

View attachment 392559
That is what I currently use but I am putting together an idea currently and I might have 2 tailgates for my machine so I need a second set of cables and I figured I would just purchase the longer ones and be done versus another OE set.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
That is what I currently use but I am putting together an idea currently and I might have 2 tailgates for my machine so I need a second set of cables and I figured I would just purchase the longer ones and be done versus another OE set.
They are currently listed on Amazon right now sold by Farmer002, so ...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!