P1000 Fox or other vs OEM load leveling shocks

G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone changed their oem shocks with the load leveling rear shocks to an aftermarket brand and wish they had the load leveling back?
I know oem stocks suck and anything would be an improvement but is the load leveling feature worth anything.
For those of you that did an upgrade and wish they had the load leveling back, how much alcohol consumption did it take to accept you made a big mistake? :p

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Has anyone changed their oem shocks with the load leveling rear shocks to an aftermarket brand and wish they had the load leveling back?
I know oem stocks suck and anything would be an improvement but is the load leveling feature worth anything.
For those of you that did an upgrade and wish they had the load leveling back, how much alcohol consumption did it take to accept you made a big mistake? :p
Honda's self leveling shocks are a joke, they don't start to pump up until you articulate them. Another Honda gimmick/blunder.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Nope danny de vito

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ditched my 1000-5 oem self leveling shocks and went with fox shocks. I didn't even give the factory fox shock coil a chance. I swapped the coils before I even installed them. Night and day difference in ride quality. Set the rear shock pre load to a decent height with what your typical payload will be and you will be all set. I made the mistake of setting my pre load with an empty machine. Then found out at TakeOver 23 I squatted very much. I loaded the machine after takeover with brake rotors to mimic my payload and reset my pre load to achieve a proper height. The machine is a little stiff riding empty at home. When loaded it rides Amazing.

My adventure:

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Smitty and I took the same leap of faith regarding suspension. I attended TO23 and was able to ride very briskly in complete comfort, never bottoming the suspension and feeling as if I may have chipped a tooth. We also had a decent load including a sizable Yeti Picanic Cooler with cold drinks and enough food just in case we got lost I'm guessing? Girlfriend had us covered. Kind of like an upscale, off-road roach coach?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!