P1000 Fox shocks worth it?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are the Fox shocks worth it on a 1000-5? Whether it be getting an LE or Trail model, or installing them on a Deluxe? I ride Northern Wisconsin and U.P. Michigan trails. Mix of abandoned rail trails, forest roads, rocky trails, and road routes. My old 2016 1000-3 rode rough with stock suspension.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. I have a 2021 P1K5 LE, which came with Fox QS3 shocks. They are great.
Been in a lot of machines and the better shocks make a huge difference.

Now brace yourself, the Elka crowd is coming . . .

(I've been in a machine with Elka's and think they're great, too.)

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: Yes, I recently got my fox shocks after finding them for an awesome deal thru eBay. I immediately swapped the coils before I installed them per many reviews I found on this forum. I had the stock deluxe shocks. Basically the same as base model. I had the highlifter arched arms and highifter bracket lift with my OE shocks. I then installed the fox shocks with the highlifter arched arms and highlifter bracket lift. It was immediately much better. I then removed the highlifter arched arms and highlifter bracket lift and replaced them with the C-Fab arched arms with lift built in. This keeps my clearance and returns the shock angle back to the OE natural angle. Night and day improvement. When I installed my fox shocks with the aforementioned highlifter parts above, my wife and I noticed and enjoyed the ride improvement. When I swapped the highlifter parts with the C-Fab parts my wife thought I changed the shocks again because of the greater improvement in ride quality it provided. Knowing what I know now I would not hesitate to spend the full price money on the fox shocks.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are the Fox shocks worth it on a 1000-5? Whether it be getting an LE or Trail model, or installing them on a Deluxe? I ride Northern Wisconsin and U.P. Michigan trails. Mix of abandoned rail trails, forest roads, rocky trails, and road routes. My old 2016 1000-3 rode rough with stock suspension.
I can't speak for anything but the Deluxe, but yes. I don't have any experience with the Fox's. I have a different brand and it really helped.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Absolutely,
But as I added more s*** to my wheeler with passengers, the rear 2 stage springs needed replaced. I went 350# springs, glad I did. And the cost was less than a buck fifty to change springs.
I have no other wheeler shock experience, for comparision.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well blow me down look whatI found first one that popped up🤔
Yea there worth it

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, it looks like I will be the lone wolf here... Are better shocks better and and do they result in a nice ride? YES!! Are they worth the cost?? For me NO... they are nice but not worth the $cost$.

Last edited:
D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the fox on my 23 trail. I have no experience with others beyond how my 99 foreman 450 rode on its stock shocks and my dad's bobcat 3400. The fox wins hands down. My wife even commented how smooth the ride was compared to my dad's bobcat and she rarely ever rides. That being said it depends on what your goals and riding style is.

tromano1706

tromano1706

Jun 21, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was told that I should upgrade for a couple of years by my brother (who had no experience with them) and then I finally decided to buy them myself and only regret not buying them sooner. They massively improve the entire machine. No more bottoming out. No more washboard rattles, and no more bucking over bumps. You will not be disappointed.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Absolutely. There are few things that I consider "best money I ever spent for things as good as or better than sliced bread." The Fox QS3 shocks and Viper linear rate springs I put on my 2021 P1K5 Deeeee-lux are on that short list.

I have no experience with Elkas or others on the Pioneer, so this is not meant to be a comparison or say one is better than the other. All I'm saying is, compared to the stock cushions, it was worth the expense for me.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, it looks like I will be the lone wolf here... Are better shocks better and and do they result in a nice ride? YES!! Are they worth the cost?? For me NO... they are nice but not worth the $cost$.
Lady01: The world's choking on sycophants. I appreciate the lone wolf opinion expressed heads up.
I'mma big fan of good enough. From advice given to me: Better is the mortal enemy of good enough.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!