Takeover (Mud ride based UTVs)

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was asked being my ride was setup for mud how I liked the Takeover. Mountain Riding is a must to experience!!

First off tires (The Outbacks are Mud tires but they did great at the Takeover I'm surprised none the the hardcore people don't try them out)

Do they have Mud at the Takeover (Yes) (See post 10) they have an area thats trails of just mud holes but some of the main trails have some also but you have ways to go around if you want.

Truth be told I didn't want to see a mud hole the Mountain riding is a blast and we don't get to do it everyday being all I have is Mud in MS.

My recommendation (if you don't have wheel spacers get some it will make you way more stable I rode the Takeover without then took a week family trip and added them it was way better with them)

IMG 3777
IMG 3778

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was asked being my ride was setup for mud how I liked the Takeover. Mountain Riding is a must to experience!!

First off tires (The Outbacks are Mud tires but they did great at the Takeover I'm surprised none the the hardcore people don't try them out)

Do they have Mud at the Takeover (Yes) they have an area thats trails of just mud holes but some of the main trails have some also but you have ways to go around if you want.

Truth be told I didn't want to see a mud hole the Mountain riding is a blast and we don't get to do it everyday being all I have is Mud in MS.

My recommendation (if you don't have wheel spacers get some it will make you way more stable I rode the Takeover without then took a week family trip and added them it was way better with them)

View attachment 155424 View attachment 155425
Thanks @Bradley-Thornton for the info.
This is good for flatlanders to know.
There is some bad mud here and there within royalblue but not alot like down south.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey guys,

I just bought my first P1K5 and love it! I've been looking at wheel spacers but I'm not sure of what size to go with. I live in South FL so most of my riding will be a little muddy but I do plan on taking it to neighboring states for rides. Any input on size of spacers to go with? Its a bone stock sxs as of now. I'd like to inprove stance and add some bigger wheels and tires also.

20191110 125952

20191110 125952

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys,

I just bought my first P1K5 and love it! I've been looking at wheel spacers but I'm not sure of what size to go with. I live in South FL so most of my riding will be a little muddy but I do plan on taking it to neighboring states for rides. Any input on size of spacers to go with? Its a bone stock sxs as of now. I'd like to inprove stance and add some bigger wheels and tires also.

View attachment 166841

View attachment 166839
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: Plumber32
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hey guys,

View attachment 166841

View attachment 166839
Welcome! Check out the wheel and tire thread to get some ideas. You can also check out the build threads for ideas and info

Pioneer 1000 Wheel and Tire

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys,

I just bought my first P1K5 and love it! I've been looking at wheel spacers but I'm not sure of what size to go with. I live in South FL so most of my riding will be a little muddy but I do plan on taking it to neighboring states for rides. Any input on size of spacers to go with? Its a bone stock sxs as of now. I'd like to improve stance and add some bigger wheels and tires also.

View attachment 166841

View attachment 166839
our wide track bundle is our most popular with that set up it adds a better stance and more stability! Don't forget the forum discount- use taketen for $10 off
Honda Pioneer 1000 Wide Track Bundle

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
At Takeover RRB the Sundquist trail #22 has the play area of hellacious mud holes, jumps, hills, etc. Just went by it 3 weeks ago and about 30 sxs were all getting thier mudbug on at same time. That's a best spot if you want to play in deep mud while attending Takeover.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At Takeover RRB the Sundquist trail #22 has the play area of hellacious mud holes, jumps, hills, etc. Just went by it 3 weeks ago and about 30 sxs were all getting thier mudbug on at same time. That's a best spot if you want to play in deep mud while attending Takeover.

Plus there's a boat there

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I found out that wasn't a turf mode area at Takeover
IMG 20190504 131528

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!