Talon 1000R-Need schematic of electrical wiring and plugs

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am starting to add accessories to my Talon. I am trying to decide the best way and where to tie in electrical components. Where can I view a schematic of my electrical system? I don't want to keep coming to forums looking for answers. The forum is great help, but I don't want to wait a day or two for a response.

Reactions: Blownzuki and TxDoc
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In my opinion if you want to add accessories, is to wire in a fuse block. Use the winch wire from the battery through a relay that is activated by the accessory connection that is on the steering column. This will power the fuse block when the key is on. Then run a circuit for the each accessory you add. If you start tapping into factory circuit s like light's and accessory/cigarette lighter, you will overload circuit s and blow fuses. That what I did,no problems. I added light bar, and stereo, and street legal kit. With fuse block, and accessory power connector would be less than $50. Trust me it will save you alot of headaches.

Reactions: TripleB
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
The entire wiring diagram is in the Honda service manual. They are available in print and for download on Ebay. I'd suggest buying the XTC key on harness. It provides a plug and play 35 amp keyed power source that you can use to power a fuse box.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am starting to add accessories to my Talon. I am trying to decide the best way and where to tie in electrical components. Where can I view a schematic of my electrical system? I don't want to keep coming to forums looking for answers. The forum is great help, but I don't want to wait a day or two for a response.
Site owner was kind enough to provide a detailed PDF of the wiring diagram for us all to use. It is for a 2019 so the LV stuff is missing but it should get you what you need in terms of the basic wiring...

However, like @Someguy says, don't tap into the wiring for anything more than a couple amp draw. Run all new accessories through relays and additional fuses. Or add a Fuse/Relay combo box or a bus bar like @TerryH pointed out.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
Site owner was kind enough to provide a detailed PDF of the wiring diagram for us all to use. It is for a 2019 so the LV stuff is missing but it should get you what you need in terms of the basic wiring...

However, like @Someguy says, don't tap into the wiring for anything more than a couple amp draw. Run all new accessories through relays and additional fuses. Or add a Fuse/Relay combo box or a bus bar like @TerryH pointed out.
Thanks PaulF. I already have that diagram. I expanded it for readability. It's so difficult to follow, but it is all there. I was hoping it would show approximate locations of connectors, modules and wire sizes. But the price is right.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
In my opinion if you want to add accessories, is to wire in a fuse block. Use the winch wire from the battery through a relay that is activated by the accessory connection that is on the steering column. This will power the fuse block when the key is on. Then run a circuit for the each accessory you add. If you start tapping into factory circuit s like light's and accessory/cigarette lighter, you will overload circuit s and blow fuses. That what I did,no problems. I added light bar, and stereo, and street legal kit. With fuse block, and accessory power connector would be less than $50. Trust me it will save you alot of headaches.
I do need a fuse block. I will need additional lighting and a USB port. I have a horn that should have been installed already. I used the Blue Plug in front of the steering shaft for key on power to my winch switch. And I need to find a bracket for switches. I carved up the dummy plate for my winch switch. I searched for plug and play connectors but never felt they worded well enough that I was confident they would fit.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was hoping it would show approximate locations of connectors, modules and wire sizes. But the price is right.
You need to purchase a Service Manual for that. There are 30+ pages of locational diagrams in it. Well worth the $13-$25 depending on year/model...

Reactions: CID
B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R

I just took my first look at that wiring diagram. OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: The first space ships probably didn't have that much wiring! And yes, I have peeked under the driver's seat at the bundles of wires and computers. I want to trust Honda, but this, more than anything, makes me think about buying an extended warranty.

Tom

N

Ndreher

Feb 24, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I realize this is older thread but I am in the process of adding accessories as well. I have purchased fuse/relay block and plan to tap into key on power on steering column. My question is the main power feed wires to the fuse block. If you use the Honda factory pre-ran wires intended for winch what are the options later when you want to add winch? Run new wires for winch? Or add bus bar and branch off bus bar to winch and fuse block

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I realize this is older thread but I am in the process of adding accessories as well. I have purchased fuse/relay block and plan to tap into key on power on steering column. My question is the main power feed wires to the fuse block. If you use the Honda factory pre-ran wires intended for winch what are the options later when you want to add winch? Run new wires for winch? Or add bus bar and branch off bus bar to winch and fuse block
The winch should have its own relay that is activated by a key source. If you tie that into the steering column wire, then the relay to the power lead from the battery. Just use both relays, one for accessories, the other for the winch. That what I did, works fine. The only concern would be if you run alot of accessories when operating the winch it might over load the wire from the battery.. just turn off all accessories when using the winch if pulling hard.

N

Ndreher

Feb 24, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks. That makes sense. So you run a Heavy jumper wire from accessory relay to winch relay. And shut down accessories if you need winch

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks. That makes sense. So you run a Heavy jumper wire from accessory relay to winch relay. And shut down accessories if you need winch
Not sure what you mean. In case you don't know how it works, I'll try to explain it better. The relay that powers the winch will need to be activated by a accessory power so hook that wire to the connector on the steering column along with the wire to the other accessory relay that way when you turn the switch on both relays will be powered, or activated. The activation side, or accessory power supply of the relays take maybe only a amp or so you hook them both to the connector. The relay is a switch that is turned on by a power supply. The relay will carry the load of the winch from the battery wire. Because of the heavy load required to run the winch, a relay is used instead of a fuse.The winch will have a switch included that controls the winch motor .The connector on the column will power both, no need to run a heavy wire. Hope that helps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!