CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any chance a trip to sand hollow is in your near future? I Iike my Weller setup, but they're getting close to reseal time. Not completely opposed to the $5000 thing, but they would have to be a lot "plusher" than what i have for that. I think my level of exuberance is a bit slower than yours:) everyones opinion is different, i would certainly give up a six pack of your favorite beverage for a short trip as a passenger for the information to form my own on.
Robby Gordon's level of exuberance is slower than @Lil_Steve 's. :eek:

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any chance a trip to sand hollow is in your near future? I Iike my Weller setup, but they're getting close to reseal time. Not completely opposed to the $5000 thing, but they would have to be a lot "plusher" than what i have for that. I think my level of exuberance is a bit slower than yours:) everyones opinion is different, i would certainly give up a six pack of your favorite beverage for a short trip as a passenger for the information to form my own on.

I loved Sand Hollow the one time I went when I first got my Talon, would like to go again sometime but no immediate plans at the moment. By the same token if you're in this neck of the woods you're welcome to evaluate my setup.

Robby Gordon's level of exuberance is slower than @Lil_Steve 's. :eek:

D1d995e3 35dc 4597 a1ec c23352d3ef81 text

Is it wrong that I get excited about his machine?

DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
I talked to ST, GForce and Double E on the phone before I decided where I was going to get my shocks rebuilt. I'm not new at this and have had many shocks rebuilt/revalved over the years by various shock companies for various forms of motorsports I've raced in. Some with great results and some with not so great results... That single phone conversation I had with ST was enough for me to know to not do business with them. When you start talking to a shock "expert" and they have no clue about flutter stacks and digressive valving it's pretty easy to figure out there are better options without wasting time and money using the wrong guy.

Also, find me one successful UTV racer in desert, short course, KOH or woods racing using their setup. Don't worry, I'll wait......
Could be because they deal with king and Fox shocks mostly, which are linear and not cheap over the counter auto parts shocks most of which are digressive. I don't know. But either way, your talking about a damping curve...maybe they call it a damping curve. Again, I don't know. All I can say is I'm very happy with my shocks now. I'm sure there are other quality shops out there as well.
I guess there are so many because we all have different opinions.

I wonder why so many race teams use them if they are so bad. Its odd to me, but I'm no expert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!