Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Sending this to my shop for quote.
Durable 0.100" aluminum, laser cut, powder coated matte black.
Uses the same mounting points as the Honda switch plate but with 7 slots, standard UTV rocker switch size knockout.
Customer can blank any unused slots with cheap Amazon blanks.
This is something useful and inexpensive. Could have available in about 2 weeks.
Talon switch plate Model

Hand cut prototype.

IMG 9141

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Made a slight change in the design yesterday after talking with the shop. The plate will now have seven knockout switch holes. You decide how many you need to use and knock out the holes. Others will remain closed. You will only see a 0.008" laser kerf outline of the other hole knockouts which is almost unnoticeable. I'll post some pics of the first ones to be produced.

I think this is an efficient approach to produce a more versatile switch plate with fewer parts. For unused switch spaces instead of a blank cover you'll see the smooth surface with an outline of an available switch space.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have found a company that will allow me to offer single customized switch plates with quick turnaround. If you can dream it, I can draw it and have it laser cut for you. Send me a message if you have something you want custom made. At this time I can only provide these uncoated. Customers would need to provide paint or powder coat.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I received 5 of these switch plates yesterday from the shop but they mistakenly completely cut out all of the knockouts! Plastic blanks can be purchased on amazon to close unused holes. If anyone is interested in these I'll ship them to you for $20 each unpainted. Send me a message to purchase until I have time to get these listed on my website store.

Reactions: Squeegee and 906UP
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have found a company that will allow me to offer single customized switch plates with quick turnaround. If you can dream it, I can draw it and have it laser cut for you. Send me a message if you have something you want custom made. At this time I can only provide these uncoated. Customers would need to provide paint or powder coat.
I moved my instrument cluster from center to the steering column. I have a 3D printer and made the cover needed from a plan found. What I'm looking for is a way to make that old instrument place a cubby. I've got a flat "blank" there right now but would prefer a storage spot (possibly with a door). Any ideas???

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I received 5 of these switch plates yesterday from the shop but they mistakenly completely cut out all of the knockouts! Plastic blanks can be purchased on amazon to close unused holes. If anyone is interested in these I'll ship them to you for $20 each unpainted. Send me a message to purchase until I have time to get these listed on my website store.
Dropped at powder coat today. They will give me a price to coat then I'll list them on my website.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I moved my instrument cluster from center to the steering column. I have a 3D printer and made the cover needed from a plan found. What I'm looking for is a way to make that old instrument place a cubby. I've got a flat "blank" there right now but would prefer a storage spot (possibly with a door). Any ideas???
Can you design and 3d print a box with a snap together hinge for a door? I don't know what the space looks like.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Send me some measurements. My ride buddy/coworker is pretty good with Fusion. He might be interested in working on this for you.
The 3D file for the plate as well as the relocation cover are available here: Honda Talon Gauge Relocation by jamillikan and should provide the measurements using the inside dimensions of the relocation cover as well as the screw length from the cover plate as starting point. As shown in one of the pictures, there is a mounting bracket that can be used to support the back of the cubby and hold it in place.
Upon another speedo relocation last weekend, I have attached a few pictures to get an idea of the mounting plate size as well as that of the cover plate (where this new box would fit).

Pix 1 Pix 2 Pix 3 Pix 4

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I make the panels for the original gauge position I took over Paul's position with making the relocation kits and have made My own designs for this I have several different panels available depending upon machine
Solid, 5 switch cutout, live valve display relocation with or with out 2switch cutouts upper or lower position, turn signal switch panel witch is 2 switches horizontal 3 vertical
Lmk

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I make the panels for the original gauge position I took over Paul's position with making the relocation kits and have made My own designs for this I have several different panels available depending upon machine
Solid, 5 switch cutout, live valve display relocation with or with out 2switch cutouts upper or lower position, turn signal switch panel witch is 2 switches horizontal 3 vertical
Lmk
I'm not looking for a switch plate. What I'm looking for is a cubby box similar to the OEM Box that is directly below the factory location of the Speedometer. The reason for this is because the Rugged Radio system needs to be located in the OEM cubby location due to the depth of the units, they cannot be located in the original Speedometer location.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Open 7 slot switch plate.
Now listed on my website store in very limited quantities right now.
Store link here.
I love this mini texture powder coat finish. Just enough texture to not me smooth but not too rough either. Very nice.
IMG 9609

IMG 9608

Reactions: Desmo
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Installed one of my switch plates today to replace the plastic one from Honda. I really wanted to try the knockouts. They are easy to punch out with tools but your not going to do it with your fingers so that is perfect in my book!

D35674C8 6785 438D 8F5D DC0E861292AC

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
Do people really use these type of switches?
I have a Voswitch now and removed almost every single rocker switch i had.
i like the design of the plate. but I guess i'm not seeing it's usefullness correctly..

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Do people really use these type of switches?
I have a Voswitch now and removed almost every single rocker switch i had.
i like the design of the plate. but I guess i'm not seeing it's usefullness correctly..
Yep, rocker switches are still widely used. This particular switch is for the Warn winch from them.

Reactions: Killer223

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!