Talon brakes

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
Just wondering how many miles are people getting out of brakes? I ride Windrock mainly. Got 850 miles out of Oem rears. Put Race-Driven extreme duty on and 400 miles later starting to squeak.

Reactions: Isaiah
D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sounds like you need to install Blast shields on your trailing arms.
The sand, dirt and rocks ect. thrown up by the front tires hits on the rear most part of the trailing arm where it is curved toward the brakes and rim causing your problem.
I do not have any pictures on file to show you, but should not be hard to find information on them..DRK

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X

This is the ones i am using, and they work excellent...DRK

Reactions: Isaiah and CID
Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
The sand, dirt and rocks ect. thrown up by the front tires hits on the rear most part of the trailing arm where it is curved toward the brakes and rim causing your problem.
I do not have any pictures on file to show you, but should not be hard to find information on them..DRK

This is the ones i am using, and they work excellent...DRK
they would last me about five minutes on the trails I ride .But I like the idea thanks

J

JBuchell

Sep 13, 2019
eastern NC
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just wondering how many miles are people getting out of brakes? I ride Windrock mainly. Got 850 miles out of Oem rears. Put Race-Driven extreme duty on and 400 miles later starting to squeak.
700 ish and rear pads making noise. I checked them before going to windrock last week and there was less than 1/8" of pad left. I ordered some ebc pads severe duty off amazon

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
I ordered a set of factory to go back on. Let me know how the EBC do That’s the only thin I have found that I don’t like about my talon happy riding

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!