highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've been tinkering with this idea for a while now in cad but actually for a Polaris machine. This is an untested concept still but I'm getting a shop quote on making these for me. This design would not require using Milwaukee Packout boxes. The X cutouts are for strap hooks up to 3/8" diameter. This is a more universal solution for strapping your stuff down in the Talon cargo bed.
Talon Cargo Bed Packout X version REV C v2

Talon Cargo Bed Packout X version REV C v2

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At the risk of asking a dumb question here goes…

Is the spacing of your x’s such that you insert the hook through one and it slides over and pulls up to catch an adjacent x?

I like your thinking here on the new product. I think it will expand the customer base for you.

Reactions: Smittyp
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The hooks will not reach between X's. My thinking is that with the X slot the hook will be laterally stabile and of course vertically tight by pressure. I'm going to try one out for sure and see how it works. I want to keep as much metal meat as possible while providing many anchor points.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The hooks will not reach between X's. My thinking is that with the X slot the hook will be laterally stabile and of course vertically tight by pressure. I'm going to try one out for sure and see how it works. I want to keep as much metal meat as possible while providing many anchor points.
Interested to see how your testing goes. If your strap is at a reasonable angle into an x slot it’ll hold fine but if your strap is running too vertical I could see a decent risk of it slipping out. Big and taller rectangle objects like coolers would be the most likely victims to showing it problem or not. The ability to truly hook the metal between a couple of the x’s would eliminate the concern entirely. Personally I’d trade half the tie down point options for knowing stuff is completely hooked in.

Certainly not knocking your work here. I do like the idea you’ve shown. I’m just offering up something to think about. 👍🏻

Reactions: Smitty335
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear ya. It is something to look into. Perhaps I can add a hole for the strap to hook into as it gets closer to vertical.
That was my initial thought actually, hey add some holes. Then the thought of spacing hit me as how you already could have thought about it and I was about to say something stupid. Hahaha.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The shop I use does fantastic CNC work! I send them 3d cad files and parts magically appear out of sheet metal! It's fun!

The two small mounts are for my daughters' Polaris ACE 900's. Sometimes we have to put a small ice chest on these machines for them and they are almost impossible to strap something down to in the small cargo bed. If these work out, then I could possibly adapt them to a RZR cargo bed.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The shop I use does fantastic CNC work! I send them 3d cad files and parts magically appear out of sheet metal! It's fun!

The two small mounts are for my daughters' Polaris ACE 900's. Sometimes we have to put a small ice chest on these machines for them and they are almost impossible to strap something down to in the small cargo bed. If these work out, then I could possibly adapt them to a RZR cargo bed.
Cooler in a rzr…market it as an automatic fire suppression system!!! 😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: Smittyp and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Putting these up for sale for anyone interested. I only have 2 in stock now but will have more after the holidays and depending on interest.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!