Talon Talon fire?

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
The other brand guys around here (polaris) are crowing about some fire of a Talon. I don't find anything on the internet about a fire. I think it was facebook which I don't do. Anyone know about this.

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
First, Anything can burn.
And the way I see some of the accessories installed I'm surprised there aren't more.

I haven't seen anything directly on a Talon.... Yet.
There is this image recently floating around of a Pioneer and a "new" recall due to fire hazard. But it's from last year and the recall was a proactive measure to alleviate simular issues the RZR's and Polaris received fines for failing to correct after a handfull of recalls were issued for fire hazards.

Recall mentioned is from spring 2018 for muffler guard replacement.
Recall link --> P1000 - Recall - Honda Pioneer 1000 ALL models 2016-2018 due to fire hazard!

The uninformed may see this as a Talon but it's a Pioneer.

Nc ocAQnLWHwxACJuvcXDErKgGngmJSvYHnhfVQNbfOQpNcdic4KN00ZckY7B54AHehF2wQg nc htscontent atl3 1

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When Polaris has almost 2 DOZEN PAGES of fire related recalls and Honda has 1 fire related recall that takes under 5mins to fix, the Popo guys jump on it like a pack of dogs on a 3-legged cat.....

Thank you internet.
DA77BA5A 01AB 422F B1E0 C7E933AB5EDF

Also Polaris is facing a class soon lawsuit that argues the numbers of injuries and fires, which is in the thousands, are underreported by almost 90%.

I want to buy my daughter a youth SxS to replace her power wheels but if Honda doesn’t release one in the next couple years it’s going to be some Chinese knock off because I’d trust them 100times before I’d even think about letting her near a Polaris.

The Polaris RZR, an Off-Road Thrill That Can Go Up in Flames

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Polaris people have been like that since I have been around this stuff, starting in the early '70s at a very young age. Whether snow or dirt, the superiority complex is amazing, and real.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Many UTV fires are from hauling gas above the engine.

leaky gas can = fire.

H

HondaTech

I've been in a couple Ranger 800 4 seaters and its no wonder they catch fire. The plug wire would knock the crap out of you of you were anywhere near them when running.

The seat has a aluminum heat shield on the bottom, directly above the enigne which melted the fuel injector connector.

I built a Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT for an ex FBI agent who's Ranger just caught fire in the middle of a field and burnt to the ground. He had to fight Polaris to get it fixed and in the end they gave him a Ranger EV, because he refused to get another gasoline powered model. He sold the EV immediately after he got it. Then turned around about a year later and picked up a P1K trading in the Mule.

Last edited:
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Customer to Polaris salesman...
"I heard that RZR's catch on fire so I am also considering the Honda Talon"

Polaris Salesman...
"Hondas catch fire too. Well ONE Honda caught fire anyway, back to the RZR, what color would you prefer?"

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a barndominium teardown and cleanup for a local that was started by his Ranger torching off in '14. He lost the whole structure, several tractors and a car in the ensuing inferno. He replaced it with a Kawasucky SXS and his insurer was fighting with Poolaris.

Reactions: Arizona and Mudwing
Randy6911

Randy6911

Oct 20, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
2DAC3B45 DEC5 453C 8BE5 F71CD3EBD32F
Hatfield and McCoy Pocahontas trail in late October. Was told it was a Polaris hauling a gas can in back.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to buy my daughter a youth SxS to replace her power wheels but if Honda doesn’t release one in the next couple years it’s going to be some Chinese knock off because I’d trust them 100times before I’d even think about letting her near a Polaris

meh. Say what you will about Polaris but I bought my kids a Rzr 170 and it’s been a solid machine for them. I bought it off of my brother who’s kids had outgrown it, and it was a solid machine for them too.

Reactions: Arizona
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
meh. Say what you will about Polaris but I bought my kids a Rzr 170 and it’s been a solid machine for them. I bought it off of my brother who’s kids had outgrown it, and it was a solid machine for them too.

Others have had good luck with GM products but I have not, that’s why capitalism is great you can make your own choices.

Reactions: 1HasBeen
H

HondaTech

I've been servicing a 2014 570 RZR for sales the last 2 days.

What a dumpster fire that piece of s**t is.

No wonder their so cheap, they arent made of anything. Less than 700 mile and 3 wheel bearings, both front lower control arm bushings, 1 lower rear hub bushing, and both tie rod ends are all worn slap out. Good thing the parts to fix it were under $100 with an air filter.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
When Polaris has almost 2 DOZEN PAGES of fire related recalls and Honda has 1 fire related recall that takes under 5mins to fix, the Popo guys jump on it like a pack of dogs on a 3-legged cat.....

Thank you internet.
View attachment 165249

Also Polaris is facing a class soon lawsuit that argues the numbers of injuries and fires, which is in the thousands, are underreported by almost 90%.

I want to buy my daughter a youth SxS to replace her power wheels but if Honda doesn’t release one in the next couple years it’s going to be some Chinese knock off because I’d trust them 100times before I’d even think about letting her near a Polaris.

The Polaris RZR, an Off-Road Thrill That Can Go Up in Flames

I am always looking for a good options for my kids also! And I am anti-Polaris!!!!!!!
So I do have to admit we have a Hammerhead GTS 150 (Polaris does own them) for my 11 year old and he (and me) have beat on that thing pretty hard with multiple trips to Brimstone on its resume with no problems except looking beat up a little!) These are quite a bit less than a RZR 170 and are set up better in my opinion compared to the RZR (I have used them both).
3 weeks ago I bought a 2015 Polaris 570 Ace....it took everything I had to actually buy it. It was Cheap ($4,000) with a snow plow and low usage on it. My dealership had it in on trade and I was going to get a plow for my Pioneer 1000 and this just came in that day so I looked at it and thought I could put my 14 year old in it when we go ride and still plow the snow with it....so time will truly tell but I bought it on a Monday and loaded it on trailer for Brimstone on Wednesday. Frist day out with it and it died 2 hours away from camp and would not start....so the pioneer had to tow it all the way out.:mad: We could not figure it out that night, so the next day for some reason it started and ran totally fine the rest of the weekend. Then my son washed it off before we went home and got the belt wet....ugh I hate belts!! But for $4k it is really fun to drive and is perfect sized for younger kids too while being pretty capable.
Ideally I was wanting to get the boys a Pioneer 500 but those are still to much money for me to spend for them. Hopefully my son doesn't go up in flames with this Polaris! I am not sure this wont end up being a mistake!o_O:)

Reactions: TripleB
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Later RZR casualty. Sunday 11/17 at Little Sahara in Utah. Older 1000, occupants escaped unharmed...
20191117 131027
20191117 131231
They said the machine was highly modified and think there may have been a fuel leak...

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And the way I see some of the accessories installed I'm surprised there aren't more.
Bingo! Same with cars and houses. Many a fire caused by faulty/improper wiring. ;)

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!