Talon Floor plugs

W

WI Tommyboy

Nov 3, 2021
Northern WI
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
What are you guys doing to plug all the holes in the floor? Mainly, the big holes behind the seats and in the floor boards. Also, around the brake pedal cable and spring. Trying to stay dry when running through water and mud.
My Yamy had rubber plugs in the floor board that kept dirt and mud out, but were easily removable to spray it out.

Reactions: Smitty335
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Just a FYI I may have a few more projects in the works for 2022 this maybe one of them I may be offering :p

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I know this is the wrong place for these but heres the krx floor drains I make aswell

20211116 101628 20211118 213853 20211115 183430

W

WI Tommyboy

Nov 3, 2021
Northern WI
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Appreciate your input. I had thought of Gorilla tape but wasn't sure how well it would hold up to spraying, but it's easily replaceable. Never thought of Flex Seal... will take a look at this. Whatever is used on the floor boards will need to be easily removed for spraying it out... Gorilla tape or just duct tape may be the answer here. Honda should put rubber plugs in the floor board holes.

I found a company called McNasty Customz that makes metal floor plates for the big holes behind the seats, for (I think) $69. Not sure how well they work. Anyone have these?

Kind of ridiculous how porous the cab is, from floor and firewall holes, to the huge door gaps. Honda has great engineering. You would think they could do a better job at these simple things.

Maybe I'm just a kitty and should expect to get wet, cold and dirty! 😆

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
What was the difference?
It stopped a good amount of the felt steam up the back on water crossings. It cut down on some of the dust but obviously doesn't eliminate it. It worked and I did it a second time when I bought my next one. But there are to many gaps and holes to plug and stop all of it, so I went after the areas I definitely didnt want air or steam coming through and flex sealed those holes. Flex seal tape sticks great!

Reactions: CID and JenElio
H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have not been impressed with Gorilla tapes adhesion. The only thing tough about it is I can not tear it like duct tape. Need to get some flex tape.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have not been impressed with Gorilla tapes adhesion. The only thing tough about it is I can not tear it like duct tape. Need to get some flex tape.

I had the complete opposite experience with the Gorilla tape. I used it to seal up the holes in the dash and rocker where my door hinges and latch used to be and it's still on there and in great shape after a year of racing and many power washings.

Reactions: Boundertom
W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
Appreciate your input. I had thought of Gorilla tape but wasn't sure how well it would hold up to spraying, but it's easily replaceable. Never thought of Flex Seal... will take a look at this. Whatever is used on the floor boards will need to be easily removed for spraying it out... Gorilla tape or just duct tape may be the answer here. Honda should put rubber plugs in the floor board holes.

I found a company called McNasty Customz that makes metal floor plates for the big holes behind the seats, for (I think) $69. Not sure how well they work. Anyone have these?

Kind of ridiculous how porous the cab is, from floor and firewall holes, to the huge door gaps. Honda has great engineering. You would think they could do a better job at these simple things.

Maybe I'm just a kitty and should expect to get wet, cold and dirty! 😆
I have both Mcnasty parts and made a huge difference in heat. The next place of major heat was the shifter area and did the Jeep boot mod and that fix that issue as well

Reactions: lowranger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!