Talon front tire wear.

C

CottonwoodBob

Aug 19, 2024
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Installed new tires. Front two are wearing much faster than rear. The wear is even. I was told alignment is not the problem.
Suggestions will be appreciated.

Reactions: futzin
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Installed new tires. Front two are wearing much faster than rear. The wear is even. I was told alignment is not the problem.
really needs pics - this is the one of the most vaguest posts ever

a little detail is needed, such as miles on new tires, type, u put all 4 on, where are the tires wearing, etc.

I personally hate the wording "I was told", the alignment\toe needs to be checked by someone who knows what they are doing - most can stand back - center the wheels - and can see if its close enough....

Reactions: EMAW and Remington
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Get a tape measure, measure from the center of one tire to the center of the other one. Not much other than wrong toe to cause this,rears should wear faster.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan

Rule #4 when you first join is pics of your rig and particularly when you are having an issue and trying to describe something we need pics as well to see what the hell you’re talking about lol
Pics or it didn’t happen with the rig and your issue.
We also need more information like what type of tire pressure are you running, what type of terrain are you driving in, blacktop, dirt roads, rocks, sand, mud, etc. Do you have a live valve, R,X And where are you setting your shocks at?
Model, year, miles

• Haha
Reactions: EMAW and DRZRon1
C

CottonwoodBob

Aug 19, 2024
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Get a tape measure, measure from the center of one tire to the center of the other one. Not much other than wrong toe to cause this,rears should wear faster.
Will take it in for tech to look at.

Front Tire Rear Tire

• Wow
Reactions: CID and Remington
C

CottonwoodBob

Aug 19, 2024
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan

Rule #4 when you first join is pics of your rig and particularly when you are having an issue and trying to describe something we need pics as well to see what the hell you’re talking about lol
Pics or it didn’t happen with the rig and your issue.
We also need more information like what type of tire pressure are you running, what type of terrain are you driving in, blacktop, dirt roads, rocks, sand, mud, etc. Do you have a live valve, R,X And where are you setting your shocks at?
Model, year, miles
I thought there might be some issue with the Talon regarding unusual front tire wear. I'm going to take into service.

Thanks

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I thought there might be some issue with the Talon regarding unusual front tire wear. I'm going to take into service.

Thanks
I see that and would like to help. We just ask for info of your rig and pics for proof to make sure you’re not a Poo Poo infiltrator. You did just come on firing away. No need to get bent were all friends here😉
Thanks for those pics.
Looks like too much Tire pressure bad bushings or ball joint.
Again, what year, 2 seat 4 seat, miles?
Trying to save you stealership $$

C

CottonwoodBob

Aug 19, 2024
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I see that and would like to help. We just ask for info of your rig and pics for proof to make sure you’re not a Poo Poo infiltrator. You did just come on firing away. No need to get bent were all friends here😉

Thanks for those pics.
Looks like too much Tire pressure bad bushings or ball joint.
Again, what year, 2 seat 4 seat, miles?
Trying to save you stealership $$
Got it back from service. 20psi. Rear tires same psi. 2 seat. 1500 miles on these tires. I'll take it in for service.

• Wow
Reactions: 906UP and Remington
advertisement
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Looks like a couple things going on here..... 1. The tires were extremely over inflated. 2. You've been running a lot of pavement. 3. I'm guessing the alignment (toe) is out of whack.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I see that and would like to help. We just ask for info of your rig and pics for proof to make sure you’re not a Poo Poo infiltrator......
Somebody fill me in cause I don't quite follow......why do we give a flyin phuck if someone owns a Polaris? Not to be a d1ck but why do we care? Is this against the international forum law or something? Guess it's a joke I don't get 🤷‍♂️

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looks like a couple things going on here..... 1. The tires were extremely over inflated. 2. You've been running a lot of pavement. 3. I'm guessing the alignment (toe) is out of whack.
Definitely over inflated and likely lots of pavement. Wear on the outer and inner edges don't appear to the naked eye to be terribly uneven, so I'm not hard pressed to say too much positive or negative toe.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Was 20psi as it came back from service. I lowered it to 10psi
That seems like excessive wear for 20 psi. I run mine at 15 psi on all 4 corners. I don't run mine on asphalt often. Running a locked rear axle excessively on pavement is tough on the rear diff and clutch. Are you using a good tire pressure gauge or something you picked up on the cheap? Cheap tire pressure gauges can vary from one extreme to the other. If you're running on hot roads, that's also going to pump up your pressures, especially if you're running at speed.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Too late ...

🤣

I think @Remington is just eluding to some folks who don't drive Honda and just come here to stir up sh1t.
I get it......, when it's between friends that's OK, but to pull it on every new guy that happens across the forum starts to look like a complete DB move and ends up running off a lot of folks. Just this d1ckheads opinion.

C

CottonwoodBob

Aug 19, 2024
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Somebody fill me in cause I don't quite follow......why do we give a flyin phuck if someone owns a Polaris? Not to be a d1ck but why do we care? Is this against the international forum law or something? Guess it's a joke I don't get 🤷‍♂️
Been a number of forums before. Never got a response like this. If you see a comment from me again don't give a flyin phuck. Keep quite.

advertisement