Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I don’t think it was geared towards you… but 🤷‍♂️
Might be time to call in our resident DEI/LGBTQ Compliance Officer for an official ruling ... 🤣

To be successful in life, you need three things:
  • Thick skin
  • Sense of humor
  • Strong work ethic
Not everyone possesses all three.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Been a number of forums before. Never got a response like this. If you see a comment from me again don't give a flyin phuck. Keep quite.
This was not directed to you, actually was trying to get you some help....... cheers bud.
I don’t think it was geared towards you… but 🤷‍♂️
This ^^^^

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I get it......, when it's between friends that's OK, but to pull it on every new guy that happens across the forum starts to look like a complete DB move and ends up running off a lot of folks. Just this d1ckheads opinion.
You know, I dont give AF what you think 😂
You've voiced your opinions on this a few times and Ive heard it.👍🏻
Its been going on long before you got here.
Ive explained it many times why like me or not Im not “fire starter” and I wont explain it again.
Its friendly bartering and I got plenty of it when I joins as well.
Did I try and help the guy? Yes but one things for certain ……
👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Weather or not he's a friend, gay friend, girlfriend or what have you, still need to tell us what year model and miles that they have /run with the problem. Id like to know how many miles hes run @20psi and what kind of conditions wouldnt you?🤷🏻‍♂️
He asked for help, otherwise we are throwing darts at it and hes for sure gonna spend a bunch of money at the dealership who will ask the same GD thing before they dig and that's not what he came here for.

So Ill ask it politely to @CottonwoodBob
How many miles do you have on the rig?
What year is your rig?
What type of driving do you do?
Please with sugar on top and Thank you so much☺️
Oh and Polaris’s are a great machine thats what why Ive owned 4 in my lifetime and Sold them all.
I hope your issue is resolved swift quickly and In a timely manor so u can get back on the trails😉

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Spec on 2R is 16psi
2X is 14psi

We set all units to spec, I don't think 4psi would cause this difference between front and rear
On a softer UTV tire i beg to differ If the person in question is running pavement and how that we have no idea if it is? Could be a road corse for all we know 😂
Sorry, I have to nice here….
But what do I know, I was use to setting up Nascar tires and too much did this.
But thats different I guess right?

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods and Coeus
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
On a softer UTV tire i beg to differ If the person in question is running pavement and how that we have no idea if it is? Could be a road corse for all we know 😂
Sorry, I have to nice here….
But what do I know, I was use to setting up Nascar tires and too much did this.
But thats different I guess right?

Unless the customer request different tire pressures we set to spec regardless of tire size, type or apparent usage.

If everyone does something different, it creates anarchy

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wouldn’t think that high front pressure would cause wear like that, unless it was for a million miles, or going really slow and turning a LOT. And with that being said I would think the back would be worn the same or more if they were all equal.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Somebody fill me in cause I don't quite follow......why do we give a flyin phuck if someone owns a Polaris? Not to be a d1ck but why do we care? Is this against the international forum law or something? Guess it's a joke I don't get 🤷‍♂️
I have a 570 Sportsman….am I on double secret bravo probation now?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To me it’s too much pressure and alignment on the front. If your running larger tires than stock you might want to consider psi around 12 or so.

As far as quickly determining toe…if a center line isn’t obvious on the tire, going to the inside lugs on front and back should give you an indication.

I prefer to have 1/8” toe out…imo it doesn’t hunt as bad on hard pack vs 1/8” toe in IMO.

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
On my '21 R two seater, the rears wear twice as fast as the fronts and have done so for 14,700 miles. Almost all dirt, very minimal pavement.

Last edited:
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Running an overinflated tire causes the center of the tire balloon. The front appears nearly slick in the very center and increase a tad towards the shoulder of the tire. I'm guessing the heat and temperature of the pavement or rocks has greatly warmed the tires causing them to expand even more. I doubt he rides on overcast rainy days in Arizona. Running it through corners could definitely increase the wear considering the increased friction from changing directions and the rears only trailing, thinking back to the pencil eraser days? I seriously doubt the tires were checked on his machine until someone thought about needing to buy new set. IDK, just a theory? Oh Silent One / Jacob always has my tire pressure spot on, not close, on the $$ and I wouldn't expect anything less. How would I know, you ask?

Reactions: Scoop and Vikes79
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
On my '21 two seater, the rears wear twice as fast as the fronts and have done so for 14,700 miles. Almost all dirt, very minimal pavement.
I'd say you have mostly sandy soils thrown in with very abrasive rock. Slow down and stay out of the clouds if you're looking for the Honda SXS Club Tire Mileage sticker. Funny huh?

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Vikes79
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd say you have mostly sandy soils thrown in with very abrasive rock.
u.gif

Slow down
NewCry.gif

and stay out of the clouds if you're looking for the Honda SXS Club Tire Mileage sticker. Funny huh?
iap.gif

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unequal air pressure front to rear will cause tire scrub due to the difference in rolling radii when in 4wd

Also, are the rims wide enough for the width of tire your running. If they are too narrow it will cause a rounding of the tread and cause wear similar to overinflation.

And last but not least, are the tires made in chyna? chinese tires last about as long as chinese carryout.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Also, are the rims wide enough for the width of tire your running. If they are too narrow it will cause a rounding of the tread and cause wear similar to overinflation.

The more important question is: How big a tire can he run on his stock machine? 😆

advertisement