Talon gun racks

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking for those with experience with in-cab gun racks; both long guns and pistols. I see a handful for long guns that use spreaders between the ROPS bars, any particular brand that works? Ones to avoid? Headroom issues? For handguns, it seems most require drill & screw to body panel, but there are some for under the steering column or similar, what works for you?

Thanks!

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Looking for those with experience with in-cab gun racks; both long guns and pistols. I see a handful for long guns that use spreaders between the ROPS bars, any particular brand that works? Ones to avoid? Headroom issues? For handguns, it seems most require drill & screw to body panel, but there are some for under the steering column or similar, what works for you?

Thanks!

I’m using the big sky overhead gun rack.
Holds 2 hunting rifles very well. Single strap and 3 foam padded points of contact.
(Says 1.75” rops tube but works great with 2”)
D60863DD 956F 4D11 8FAA D2B96D7A6F11

Last edited:
Reactions: 906UP and TripleB
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Following , looking for a SAFE way to carry a pistol in my SXSs

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
As I wander down multiple Google rabbit holes, I find many rifle racks work by applying tension between the ROPS bars. I think it's pretty damn stupid to induce stress load points on the cage, as the gun rack loosens over time, additional force is applied, spreading & deforming the cage. It looks like Seizmik OHGR may be the best option for the Talon. I like the bar clamp design better than the Big Sky one suggested above since it fully wraps the bar. The clamp should work with my front & rear windows, too.

Cojo has some interesting handgun options, but I'm not sure magnets and open holsters are gonna work with the way I ride.

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am working on a mount to hold my SBR with the butt in the worthless (to me) cup holder and the muzzle pointed up. Have the gun side of the mount done. Just need to finish up the mount to the bars behind the seat. Will also work with full size AR

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Older thread I know, but any new favorites? How are the current ones holding up?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buggyman
Desmo

Desmo

Dec 27, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R

Thanks!
I went with a Seizmik unit. Works great. No rattles. I don't have any issues with headroom (I'm 5'11") even though I have raised my seat an inch or so. PXL 20230107 172331507PXL 20230107 172338335

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
What model was this? 07301?
Looking for something in my ‘22 1000R myself.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!