BOX1

Talon in depth.

H

HondaTech

I’ve seen the latest Diet wheels mag. Haven’t red it yet though.

View attachment 106771

Upon closer look, the front diff seems to be leaking.

View attachment 106772

I would know because I’ve seen that several times on my pioneer. I’ve had leaks on both front and rear.

Maybe it’s not a leak and we won’t know for sure. It sure does look like it though.

It's most likely grease residue from axle installation. Unless you take a cleaner and wipe the area down, any greasy residue left will attract dirt. Happens on the areas where oil touches the case cover when I change the oil in my dirt bike as well.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
What this man just said!! Come on Honda release them a kraken;)
If it’s the s*** there will be many down payments just from that channel.

They will not because it is under powered and will get its but kicked but well.
Look at Yamaha's YXZ its basically the same transmission and the non turbo rzr whips it! the Talon don't stand a chance in the power department.
durability, quality, and ride will be its selling point.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Look at Yamaha's YXZ its basically the same transmission and the non turbo rzr whips it! the Talon don't stand a chance in the power department.

You could put a giant turbo on a civic or Neon ( @Delton ) and it would be fast but I’ll take a muscle car.

Point is, PoPo is fast....I don’t care

H

HondaTech

The YXZ trans is nothing like the Honda.

The Yamaha is basically a bike trans separated from the engine, while Honda uses 2 clutches to actuate the gear changes.

Part of the Yamahas problem is the engine itself, it's basically a snow mobile engine and needs to be revved to s*** to make power. This is the same reason they had clutch issues out of the gate, slipping the clutch to keep it in that power band burnt them up.

A P1K can keep up with a 900 RZR all day and I've seen a few with good suspension stay with a 1000 in the woods. The Talon has 200 lbs less weight and 32 more horsepower, with good suspension from the start. I think itll surprise some people, everyone seems to forget that Honda, not Yamaha had a "real" transmission SXS first. They also seem to forget the fact that Honda also had paddle shifts before as well.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Honestly I think it’ll run out pretty good but those guys are really good about knowing the difference between turbo or N/A. From all I’ve seen they run things hard and compare like vehicles or at least explain the differences and why. Probably be the most honest test.
With all they’ve ran I’d love to hear what they say on steering feel, handling and suspension. Raw power I wouldn’t be too concerned.
I’d rather hear an opinion from someone who rides multiple sport Sxs’s hard then a strict fanboys opinion that just came for a Pioneer.

Last edited:
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I am with Joey, I will sacrifice raw power for a well handling package.
Unless your suspension is way wrong and you can't hook up horse power wins in a drag race, horse power is what gets you out a corner on a track or tight woods trail I hope I am wrong but the way it looks on paper it will come in last in a head to head test with any of the brands less power and less suspension travel?
OH how I hope I am wrong and have to eat it on this post!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I am with Joey, I will sacrifice raw power for a well handling package.
Unless your suspension is way wrong and you can't hook up horse power wins in a drag race, horse power is what gets you out a corner on a track or tight woods trail I hope I am wrong but the way it looks on paper it will come in last in a head to head test with any of the brands less power and less suspension travel?
OH how I hope I am wrong and have to eat it on this post!!!
Im not going to be racing anyone but if I’m going to drop 20k on a two seat sport it had better not need shocks as a first purchase. No s*** it’ll handle better then the Pioneer but I’m hoping it’s on par with the Yami.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FB IMG 1549529856712

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!