highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I wanted to let the fine people of this forum know what's coming up soon before anyone else.

I've been fortunate to meet many great 10-80 customers, and one of those is Josh Maher. He helped with the prototype design of this new intake pre-filter tube for the Talon Kraftwerks turbo kit. This could be an exciting product for turbo fans out there! Kraftwerks uses the stock Talon intake system, which means you'll still capture dirty air (see photo below). Like my other intake kit, air is collected from OUTSIDE the fender for cleaner and cooler intake air. This will extend the Kraftwerks air filter service life AND get cooler air to the intercooler increasing the potential for making even more horsepower. We already know that this system doesn't cost any horsepower on a naturally aspirated, stock Talon. I'm hoping to get this system dyno tested with a Kraftwerks turbo Talon to see if it makes any power gains.

Turbo Talons are a specific market so I don't expect to sell as many of these as I do for NA Talons. As more people begin racing these Talons, the quest for that millisecond edge could come down to simply capturing cooler air. That's what I want to provide.

The photos below of the first prototype were taken by Josh . I've made a fabrication jig and begun welding a few of these tubes together to make them available soon. I already have a serious inquiry from a high profile tuning company that wants to label these intakes for their company. That makes sense because their customers are mostly racers and want the most horsepower they can squeeze out of the 1000cc engine. Hopefully my intake will provide that ever so slight gain on the competition.

The kit will include:
(1) 3" OD aluminum intake tube, powder coated
(1) Desertcraft pre-filter
(1) Filterwears filter cover
(1) 60 degree silicone connector
(2) t-bolt clamps for the silicone connector

EZy Watermark 19 09 2022 08 02 42AM
EZy Watermark 19 09 2022 08 04 41AM

For those like me who are unfamiliar with the Kraftwerks turbo, I took this screenshot of the air box connection to the stock Talon intake tube.
Kraftwerks intake with stock setup

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I picked up two of these tubes powder coated black today. If anyone here is interested, send me a conversation. I haven't list these for sale on my website yet but will over the weekend. It takes a little while to get all the parts and pieces working together for inventory purposes.

I can sell the tube and connector only or a full intake kit.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
New store listing for the Kraftwerks turbo intake kit.

I've got a couple in paint as of today. Will be building a few more soon. I don't see this as a huge seller because of the small market of turbo Talons. But if you race this will be a great improvement over the stock intake.

These intake tubes also work well if you run a particle separator.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Update on this product:

I had a couple of customers report installation issues with the turbo tube installation. They were having interference problems with other Kraftwerks components. My opinion is that the interference were probably cause by all of the flexibility of the Kraftwerks connections. After this I pulled the kit off the store to prevent any more issues.

A customer recently inquired about the kit. That person is going to install my standard tube and report to me if it works as expected or not. If the airbox is connected to the factory intake snorkel tube as this pictures shows, then I am thinking that my standard intake tube will also connect without issues. I'll post the results as soon as I am notified by my test customer.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Fitment of my standard intake tube with a Kraftwerks kit has been confirmed. The tube matches up to the air filter intake hose part of the Kraftwerks kit.

Reactions: Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!