highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm getting consistently good prints of these rain caps so I decided to go ahead and make them available to the general population and see how it goes.

These are designed to be used during inclement weather in place of the Desertcraft pre-filter. However, these can be run all the time.

Edit: There is no filtering built into this rain cap.

Store listing here for more information.
Pre-orders begin today, shipping to begin 11-1-22 in very limited quantities due to print time of 10 hours per piece.

EZy Watermark 28 10 2022 07 09 07AM
EZy Watermark 28 10 2022 07 08 20AM

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Inside view of the ports. By area calculations there are no restrictions to incoming air. All passages have greater area than the 3" tube end. This cap is pretty sturdy. I accidentally dropped the one on my Talon onto concrete from about 4 feet high and it just bounced without damage. I made all the solid areas thick to be sturdy.

EZy Watermark 29 10 2022 02 26 12PM

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
These rain caps work but the next step is a rain cover for the prefilter.

This is the latest thing to come out of my head. I started this a few months ago but as most times, if I'm not completely satisfied with a part design, I let it simmer for a while until inspiration hits. This is 3 bent aluminum pieces that will be riveted together for final assembly, then powder coated.

This will keep most rain, splashing water and mud off the prefilter. It will require drilling a 1/4" hole in the top of the filter for mounting with a 1/4" bolt and wingnut (as planned for now). I could have a stud molded into the filters in the future.

My local shop is making on for me to test fit. Thanks to Travis at the shop for helping finalize the 3d model. I can send him a nearly finished concept then he can run it through his CNC software to finish out what they can actually do.

DC filter rain cover from travis v1

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!