H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
On February 14th Honda announced the non live valve Talons would have Showa shocks and it would be announced later this year. Anyone have any info on the live valve Showa shock models. Its definitely later this year, it looks like they may be announced as 2024 models. Two models of the belt drive Can-Am Maverick X3 come with the Showa Shocks.

From the Can-Am web site.​

“PROVEN RACING SHOCKS. Built with the best: for revolutionary performance, we worked with FOX and SHOWA to develop Smart-Shox semi-active suspensions for the Maverick X3. Every Maverick X3 is tuned to thrive with Piggyback adjustable shocks with features ranging from compression adjustment, to rebound adjustments and bottom-out control with dual speed compression. You will be ready for every terrain and riding style.”​

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Wasn't one of the 2022 (or maybe 2023) Pioneer models suppose to have Showa's also? Maybe the Forest model?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We all would be interested it what information you can share on the topic of Showa shocks availability for Honda production 🤷‍♂️
If John Doe #2 happens to reach out and give me the inside scoop, I’ll share the news. 🤣

Nomojic

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Never thought too much of Showa suspension. My 748 had OEM Showas, and changing to Ohlins R&T was lightyears better. My ST4s had OEM Showa stuff, including TiN coated forks(Golden Showas) and they were nothing special either.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Word is they are throwing millions worth of resources towards EV off road machines that no body wants.
You'd think they would see the light with all of the unsold EV inventory in auto dealers lots, but no.

• Sad
Reactions: Backwoods and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!