highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
For my fine friends at the HondaSXSclub, here is a sneak peak of my latest cad model going to fab shop today for a quote and to have a set made, if all the bends check out.

I continue to strive toward original, functional designs.

Talon Stealth Step 2

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Let me add that this design started because of two things;

1. The local fab shop I use for sheet metal wanted a nerf bar design that they could make entirely in house without tubes.
2. I received several requests for X4 steps only for the front seats where the rear seats are used for cargo only. This design will easily modify for that purpose. Once I get some measurements from a potential customer, I'll be able to finalize that design.

The step design is made of two pieces and two mounting plates. The construction is fully boxed and will be seal welded at all seams.

The great part of the local fab shop guys is that I can make one or 1000 of these and they don't really care. Every part is CNC made so repeatable accuracy is not a problem and the turnaround time versus tubes is quicker by weeks.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is the magic and what I love doing! Software is sometimes frustrating but it's exciting when I can pull this 3d model that's completely possible to fabricate out of my head. Two pieces for the step and two mounting plates. Quite a bit of MIG welding but it looks great. The name comes from the angular shape that reminds me of an F-117.

Talon Stealth Kicker exploded view v2

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Next up I need to modify this design for a 4 seater, which surprisingly will only get 14" longer. Then I have a few requests from overlanding guys to make a version that is only a step for the front seats of a 4 seater. That version will get a little shorter than the normal 2 seater and use the front and mid mounting locations only.

The benefits of having this sheet metal design are that I don't have to make a large order of these, my local guys can do it, and because of that, I can get these much quicker than a tube design.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I had the shop cut and bend a couple sets of these for me. Now I need to get them welded and sent back for paint. I want to have a few available to ship when I turn on the store listing. You just never know what people want. Often they don't know themselves until they see something they like.

I'm not a big player in the aftermarket parts arena, but I'm trying to not do the same thing everyone else is doing. As long as I can manufacture my ideas in small quantity runs, I don't have a problem experimenting with different ideas.