Talon Trim levels - 2024

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I feel like I've seen multiple pics of you on your side. No harm in that..............but I'd recommend the R for the added stability and travel...along with a better ride. You don't have any width restrictions where you ride, and wider is always better in the rough stuff. The LV is really nice. You can save a few bucks with the Showa option (which is still nice), but I say...if you're gonna go, go all the way.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Like I previously stated the 2024 models are not available as "S" models so all the 2023 updates are applied to every 2024 model

Updates included:

Upgraded power steering for larger tires with integrated steering angle sensor and return to center function
Unless you've driven an older model you won't understand just how much better it is even with stock size tires

The ignition mapping and shifting are improved particularly in acceleration and deceleration It also give the unit more of a softer take off in my opinion. Feels less abrupt and more like applying a manual clutch

Full coverage doors (basically factory built in lowers) with integrated cup holder and net covered pocket

"R" models now have a tighter turn radius by bringing the front wheels rear ward. It does limit larger tire size, but others have found you can swap the older model a-arms and get the ability to run larger tires back

Non Live Valve models now have Showa shocks. They don't have the ability for preload adjustment but do have more adjustment then the old 3 position fox shocks

Sport mode can now be engaged in Low range

New wheels with Kenda tires instead of the previous Maxxis tires, supposedly have stronger sidewalls, same size

New ground at the front of unit for accessory installation. They just got rid of the ground wire that was taped up under the rear hood and added a ground eyelet by the headlight

The axle nut threads are larger again. We've been told they had issues with axles snapping off at the threads. I've never seen one have this issue.

The gauge cluster moved in 2022 to the steering wheel, and the dash hole got a factory installed switch plate. The gauge also has more information on it, mainly battery voltage, and a different look.

The grille also changed to the larger radiator opening with a removable insert for easier radiator wash out

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I feel like I've seen multiple pics of you on your side. No harm in that..............but I'd recommend the R for the added stability and travel...along with a better ride. You don't have any width restrictions where you ride, and wider is always better in the rough stuff. The LV is really nice. You can save a few bucks with the Showa option (which is still nice), but I say...if you're gonna go, go all the way.
Salesman to the customer :

"Buy all the confidence you can afford!"

😆😆😆

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
@KyGal83, I'm curious where you see the potential purchase of a Talon in your ongoing riding? There are many things you could focus on that have been unattainable with your P5. Comfortable trail riding, rock crawling, challenging hill climbs or more spirited driving are but a few things you could focus on with a Talon. Maybe you want to do the big portals like another has done in a current thread? That dude's machine is outrageously wild and pretty cool. It appears you would need an airplane hanger for indoor parking. As others have stated, there are differing Talons that have differing characteristics plus ride quality. I have 3 different Talons and they behave noticeably different. I've ripped the X and have come to realize it's a completely different machine than a R and seems to be less stable and predictable at speed. The X is noticeably narrower and the rear seems to rotate more effortlessly at lower trail speeds which I like, but can be more of a handful with increased speed through the rough and corners. My '19 R handles very well and is very forgiving at speed, plus considering the width of a X with larger diameter tires could be more tip prone. The seating position and controls in a Talon feel ergonomically correct and visibility is amazing. Obstacles that create extreme anxiety in a P5 are effortless in a Talon. Should you purchase a machine with Fox suspension, they're much more tunable considering you were to feel a need. I hope this makes sense?

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
extreme anxiety in a P5