Talon Talon upper doors

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering who has bought the oem Honda upper doors, I’m looking for insight on what they like or don’t like. I know with my pioneer upper cab enclosure it worked, but had enough gaps in it that it left a lot to be desired, from water dripping in around the door seams to winds coming in at the door seams.

Upper Doors for Honda Talon 1000X - Side By Side Stuff

Found this at half the price of Honda’s doors thinking that it can’t be any worse....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigermark and BWAF
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have seen, touched and operated the Honda upper doors at my dealer and they are VERY well built. Looks like they seal up real nice. They open without opening the window. Window completely zips out and there is a door handle on the outside so you can open the door without opening the window. Compared to the ones in your link, I would say the Honda ones are twice the price because they are twice as nice.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wil you be getting a set for your rig?assuming you drive in cold weather

Reactions: BWAF
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
No, I am the type that likes the wind in my face (even cold) so I just bundle up, cover my face and ears and go riding. But, I do limit myself to 40 degrees and above.

I saw the upper doors while at the dealer talking to the guys there (we go riding together sometimes). There was a gentleman taking delivery of his rig. He had a full glass windshield, soft back and the upper and lower doors and let me look at them. I didn't really look at the windshield, back or lower doors (already looked at them a while back and not really interested in them) but looked at the upper doors because of their ingenuity and I had never seen them before. I was very impressed with them!

Don't take my word for it, I don't own them and my opinion was formed by just looking at them and operating them for 5 minutes. However, if you are considering upper doors, I highly suggest you find some that are installed take a closer look at them.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just wondering who has bought the oem Honda upper doors, I’m looking for insight on what they like or don’t like. I know with my pioneer upper cab enclosure it worked, but had enough gaps in it that it left a lot to be desired, from water dripping in around the door seams to winds coming in at the door seams.

Upper Doors for Honda Talon 1000X - Side By Side Stuff

Found this at half the price of Honda’s doors thinking that it can’t be any worse....

I don’t own them yet, but I can give you some feedback from what I had on my RZR. For what it’s worth and assuming it’s within your budget; I’d 100% recommend buying a set that has a frame that’ll hinge open with the door. Buy the Honda OEM enclosure and buy once, cry once.

I had a set of the canvas ones that had to be zipped open on my RZR and it’s a royal PITA when you want to get in and out. If the zippers aren’t taught or they get dirty you’ll be spending more time zipping and unzipping than getting in and out.

I sold that set of doors in favor of an OEM Polaris enclosure that’s very similar to the Honda OEM enclosure and it was leaps and bounds nicer and SO much easier to operate.

Here’s a link to a couple of videos I’ve found on YouTube that highlight the Honda enclosure:

Reactions: Mikehallad and BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Does anyone have these doors installed on your Talon that @jasond references above?

Reactions: BWAF and jasond
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don’t own them yet, but I can give you some feedback from what I had on my RZR. For what it’s worth and assuming it’s within your budget; I’d 100% recommend buying a set that has a frame that’ll hinge open with the door. Buy the Honda OEM enclosure and buy once, cry once.

I had a set of the canvas ones that had to be zipped open on my RZR and it’s a royal PITA when you want to get in and out. If the zippers aren’t taught or they get dirty you’ll be spending more time zipping and unzipping than getting in and out.

I sold that set of doors in favor of an OEM Polaris enclosure that’s very similar to the Honda OEM enclosure and it was leaps and bounds nicer and SO much easier to operate.

Here’s a link to a couple of videos I’ve found on YouTube that highlight the Honda enclosure:

Where are these doors bought at, I can’t find them???? :confused:

Reactions: BWAF
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have these doors installed on your Talon that @jasond references above?

After watching a video installs/ reviews, Info from here, and running the pioneer 1000 soft upper doors for 3 winters. I decided to go with the oem Honda upper doors. Seeing that they are a rigid foam of some type, assuming they have a frame under neath it all. But not just canvas with huge gaps or not sealing and letting water in during heavy rain fall or melting snow. Fingers crossed Honda stepped up their game in their accessories with these. Mines only a two seater, but should be arriving the end of this week

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
After watching a video installs/ reviews, Info from here, and running the pioneer 1000 soft upper doors for 3 winters. I decided to go with the oem Honda upper doors. Seeing that they are a rigid foam of some type, assuming they have a frame under neath it all. But not just canvas with huge gaps or not sealing and letting water in during heavy rain fall or melting snow. Fingers crossed Honda stepped up their game in their accessories with these. Mines only a two seater, but should be arriving the end of this week

Cool. Please let us know how install goes, how well they fit and seal, and what you think of the quality. Also, what side mirrors will work with them. Thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
79C9275F 26B9 4005 B3DF 15B336418120 02795202 7EBD 4CAD A380 137B8126C9C8 8C39A7F5 8C94 4B75 A022 9753CFC0E904 135886E3 40B2 46CE 91AF 9541A741EAB9 80490AB3 0D63 4E9C 8F0C 0821120D766E 63A6B6FE 37D5 4D83 8D3E 1FD9D2EFB88E

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you, those look very nice. Do you consider that they operate well? Fit and attachment to the lower doors seem quality and tight in your estimation? Would you recommend them? Thank you. :cool:
They look and fit really good, if I were to buy a Talon I think they would be my choice.

Reactions: Montecresto
B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you, those look very nice. Do you consider that they operate well? Fit and attachment to the lower doors seem quality and tight in your estimation? Would you recommend them? Thank you. :cool:
I have the enclosures and they are great. The quality is good. The best thing about them is the latch. You do need longer bolts for the rear C clamps . You will not find anything better and I would not like adding snaps and using zippers to get in and out.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have the enclosures and they are great. The quality is good. The best thing about them is the latch. You do need longer bolts for the rear C clamps . You will not find anything better and I would not like adding snaps and using zippers to get in and out.View attachment 163041 View attachment 163042
That looks great! What was installation like. Have you used them in the rain? If so is it preventing water from running off the roof trough onto your leg?

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That looks great! What was installation like. Have you used them in the rain? If so is it preventing water from running off the roof trough onto your leg?
I did ride in the rain last weekend it's obviously better but there is still a little drip on the leg , I need to work on that.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Install was not bad but now that I know that I need longer bolts and I have done before it will be easy now.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Install was not bad but now that I know that I need longer bolts and I have done before it will be easy now.
I have to wonder why they aren’t providing the proper bolts. So what is needed?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!