BOX1

Talon Talon upper doors

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
We had the upper doors but were not that impressed with them. I had to build some troughs to keep the rain from running in on the top of the doors. For the price the fit is awful. Then on a ride on a 31°day the driver side window just started to disintegrate. They were never cleaned with anything but soap and water either. They have been sent in for warranty. Have not heard back yet. The clear part of the windows cannot be purchased separately either. The dealer said if the warranty claim goes through they will refund us our money for them. I was not impressed with them at all.

View attachment 177908

I really don't want to hear this. Out of all the factory honda accessories I bought, I was most happy with the upper doors. I ended up installing them myself and it was pretty straight forward. The only thing I had to do was tweek the driver side front top corner in a little bit to get it to seal along the windshield.

I've had mine in somewhat cold weather, lower than 31* and everything seemed fine.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
We had the upper doors but were not that impressed with them. I had to build some troughs to keep the rain from running in on the top of the doors. For the price the fit is awful. Then on a ride on a 31°day the driver side window just started to disintegrate. They were never cleaned with anything but soap and water either. They have been sent in for warranty. Have not heard back yet. The clear part of the windows cannot be purchased separately either. The dealer said if the warranty claim goes through they will refund us our money for them. I was not impressed with them at all.

View attachment 177908
This is a real bummer.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
My experience with the Honda upper doors has been great so far!! They work great and seal pretty good even though I have an aftermarket windshield (SATV). Mine have slammed against trees, mine has been rolled over on the passenger door and roof with really no damage. They have heard up for me but I haven't had them for very long. I just spent last weekend in Brimstone and it rained one day and was 25 degrees the other with 20's at night. They helped keep us warmer and dryer than my other buddy that didn't have upper doors. I do agree that with the SATV windshield the seal at the A pillar could be better....but that's not Honda's problem I didn't use there windshield. With a little homemade "Flex Seal" gutter that should eliminate the water coming from the roof. My review would put them at an "A" grade on them alone and a "B" grade on there fitment to the SATV windshield. I had the Honda factory and Seizmic uppers both at different times on my Pioneer. These have been the best so far for me with the Siezmic uppers right behind them.

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
Will these upper doors work with the factory Honda side mirrors? One website shows they won’t... Honda website doesn’t mention anything..

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
I have the enclosures and they are great. The quality is good. The best thing about them is the latch. You do need longer bolts for the rear C clamps . You will not find anything better and I would not like adding snaps and using zippers to get in and out.View attachment 163041 View attachment 163042
What mirrors do you have? I have factory Honda and they won’t work with the upper doors so need different mirrors...

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What mirrors are those that you have?
Sizmik with the bracket flipped over. I trimmed the back side of the rubber seal on the windshield but only enough for it to lay flat and you would never see the difference if you remove them.

20200530 224918

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!