H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I will go back to 28's after these tires wear out. The 30's hurt the performance in the deep sand. Still no leaks and I usually have pin holes in at least one tire at about 3,000 miles. Got 9,700 miles on these tires and expect I will get another 2,000 miles out of them. I'm starting to get pissed off but its usually because the tires wear out too fast. Too bad they don't make them in 28's.

Terrabite 30
Terrabite30

W

Wilson1

Mar 25, 2020
Salt Lake City Ut
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well that just helped me with a question I was going to ask. I just put ITC Ultracorss's on with new 15x7-2 rims. I was thinking about selling the takeoffs, but I think I will keep them for awhile just to make sure.

Reactions: Isaiah
Slimfast

Slimfast

Apr 15, 2020
Panams city fl
Ownership

1. Talon R
I will go back to 28's after these tires wear out. The 30's hurt the performance in the deep sand. Still no leaks and I usually have pin holes in at least one tire at about 3,000 miles. Got 9,700 miles on these tires and expect I will get another 2,000 miles out of them. I'm starting to get pissed off but its usually because the tires wear out too fast. Too bad they don't make them in 28's.

View attachment 197559View attachment 197560
Im glad to hear some reviews, as i was thinking i would go with 30s thinking it wouldn't hurt performance to much! Suppose ill stick with 28s if its like that!

M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
Well that just helped me with a question I was going to ask. I just put ITC Ultracorss's on with new 15x7-2 rims. I was thinking about selling the takeoffs, but I think I will keep them for awhile just to make sure.
let me know if you decide to sell your takeoffs im in southern idaho and looking for a full set

W

Wilson1

Mar 25, 2020
Salt Lake City Ut
Ownership

1. Talon R
After my first ride on the 30’s I find way more positives than negatives. They may cost you some in pure acceleration but that isn’t a factor for me. The very first thing I noticed is that the larger tires calmed the throttle down some. I always felt it was too touchy in reverse, but with the bigger tires it’s way better. I didn’t notice any issues with climbing at all. The Talon has plenty of torque for the 30’s. Not to mention the extra ground clearance is nice. Another thing about having the same size rims and tires on the Talon is that it just looks right now. I always thought the stance looked weird with the 11.00’s on the back and the 9.00’s on the front. I am very happy with the change and would recommend it for anyone that isn’t a pure drag racer. Your results may vary.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I agree the 30's look great and do work well. When I ride with the Turbo guys especially in the sand washes I need all I can get out of my Talon without going to a Turbo. The 30's add 50 pounds but the higher gearing is more of a problem and the 32's rule out using 6th gear in the sand. We have a few areas where its safe to run 70 but only for 500 to 600 yards then its back to 50.

Reactions: TripleB
G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
I also ran terrabite 30's this winter in Arizona when I returned to Eastern Washington this spring I put the 28's back on I was surprised with the difference lots more snap. I agree hondabob and Wilson1 i'm going to have to keep both sets.

Reactions: hondabob
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I never even rode mine with the stock tire. Put 30" tusk terrabites on, had some problems with those, now running BFG 32's. How is the handling in sand with the stock 28's? Do they turn good? How much better acceleration? What did you notice shifting etc..?

Reactions: IDIOT
T

TMCCOY

Nov 18, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks for sharing your experience HBob!

W

Wilson1

Mar 25, 2020
Salt Lake City Ut
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wheel & Tire Update – I put about 60 miles on the new 30’s and rims yesterday. I have to say I love the 30’s. Without a doubt I will be keeping them on the Talon. I was on everything we have to offer in the Utah desert. Loose dirt climbs, rocky climbs, high speed hard pack with loose gravel with sections of ruts and the new 30’s performed flawlessly. Three take a ways for me are, first the extra ground clearance is nice, no torque issues when climbing, and for sure it calms the throttle down just a touch. Not to mention, it just looks right now. One word of caution for anyone thinking about putting 15x7x30-2’s on your Talon – Check your trailer clearance first. The fronts are about 2 to 3 inches wider than stock. I can get it on the trailer, but if they were ½ of an inch bigger, I doubt I could. By the way the tires I put on were ITC Ultracross’s I didn’t check before hand and that was a big surprise. Other than that, I love them and won’t be going back to stock anytime soon.

T

TMCCOY

Nov 18, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks Wilson1. Good feedback as well. I'm still running the stock tires and will for awhile which gives time to research the options. We're not speedy riders so the 30's may work great for us too, but a fully loaded X4 would have better performance with 28's and a skidplate :cool: .

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
I'd say about 95 to 100 percent of my riding is 55 mph or under. 32s work just fine for that. I kept my stock set for going to the local short course track. A nearby riding park with lots of rock climbing also has a little short course track. 32s work fine there too. I think you're only going to want smaller tires if you are doing a lot of wide open riding. Or get a turbo. Of course...28 inch tires are a lot cheaper than 32 inch tires and turbo.

Reactions: HavasuDave

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!