highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've always thought my Talon was noisier inside the cab than my RZR. Well, yesterday I took my roof off to scan the top of the roll cage and rode to my dad's house without the roof. The Talon was SO MUCH quieter without the roof!!! I guess all the drive train noises reverberate off the roof and cause all the cab noise. It was amazing how much quieter the cab was. Honda should really look into the noise level whenever (if ever) they redesign the Talon in about 25 years.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've always thought my Talon was noisier inside the cab than my RZR.
Sorry to be so blunt here….
But you must be smoking crack with Hunter Biden 🤣
From experience riding in a Fire Trap RZR of my neighbors, that thing is loud and I mean loud compared to my Talon and hes stock. With a half windshield and mine has a glass windshield.
Now if your letting the Talon’s DCT do the shifting for you all the time, at certain RPM’s and if it hasnt shifted it MIGHT be close to the same but not hardly.
Yes taking your roof off any rig will make them quieter. One thing that will help any Talon and I did this to mine is a back window like the SATV, made another huge difference in noise if u want to call a Talon Noisy 😂

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Try a rear glass windshield. I have conversations in my Talon until I turn the stereo on. Look at that nice pre-filter as well. :)

IMG 3274

advertisement
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Mine is quiet enough to have a conversation in, until I bury the "hold my beer" pedal, 2 things that made a drastic improvement, dynomat the tunnel & back wall and swap in the @SuperATV front CV driveshaft (gear/driveshaft noise gone).

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not interested in a Jeep or Bronco. I was merely pointing out that taking off the roof made a bigger difference in noise reduction than I thought it would. Definately looking into the Dynomat material to deaden some of the noise and heat.
From one site vendor to another. This helps.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I've always thought my Talon was noisier inside the cab than my RZR. Well, yesterday I took my roof off to scan the top of the roll cage and rode to my dad's house without the roof. The Talon was SO MUCH quieter without the roof!!! I guess all the drive train noises reverberate off the roof and cause all the cab noise. It was amazing how much quieter the cab was. Honda should really look into the noise level whenever (if ever) they redesign the Talon in about 25 years.
I agree have not ran a roof for almost 3 years.
IMG 6085

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!