CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Spend some time in a Teryx 4, then come back to the Talon.

You'll enjoy the Talon due to the 40% hearing loss.
fwiw: hearing loss is permanent and progressive, once it's gone, it isn't coming back. We hear with cilia, small hairs, like a forest. Loud noise breaks those fragile hearing devices, one at a time and they never grow back. The more noise over a lifetime, the more of them get broken and the worse our hearing gets. Ignore it and you won't get to hear your grandchildren learn to speak.

The problems are -
1. It doesn't really hurt and we're stupid; so we ignore it until it's too late.
2. It happens so slowly that we don't notice.
3. 85 db all day is worse than a loud 110 db bang.
4. If you turn up your sound system to 100 db to drown out the buggy's 85 db, you're listening to 100 db ALL DAY. :oops:

Teach your kids to protect their hearing, we #oleguys didn't know about this but that info is readily available now.

Google "Hearing loss db chart", there are dozens of examples.

Foam ear plugs or muffs or regret, you get to pick.

These live in my cup holder so I can't forget them.

Last edited:
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Hearing is one of the reasons I got the Comsole. I can’t afford to lose anymore. And boy is it quieter too!
IMG 9546

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I drove my buddies brand new 4 seat X3 RR a couple weeks ago around the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area and I can assure you those things are just as noisy inside and the drone of the motor because of that stupid belt drive deal gets old real fast.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Do u have a link to your set up?
Do u also have Bluetooth in the headsets?
I have the Comsole so I can move it if I get another vehicle. Here’s the link.

IMG 9532

advertisement
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I already have the com setup in 2 DOT helmets,View attachment 395950 and the 2 over the head setup. But thinking about getting a couple behind the head setups and start wearing a helmet like this.
We've got those helmets, we like them.....don't wear them as much as we should though

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think it was Bell helmets that came out with a advertisement that said, if you have a $ 50.00 head, wear a $ 50.00 helmet, kinda stuck with me over the years.

Reactions: CID
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
95% of the time, your posts are negative, demeaning, argumentative, or derogatory. It must suck being a liberal.
Told you before: Not a liberal.
As for the rest, just tryin to fit in.

Just for my info, what do you think my other 5% of posts are?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!