P1000 Texas Tough Customs Front Bumper

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pulled the trigger today. Ordered the TTC Meduim Front Winch Bumper. Just got the new Ramsey Honcho UTV 5000R winch in yesterday. I like the look an function of the bumper. It sets the winch low but very accessible. It also comes with a front receiver. This is great for me. I farm and my gators had front hitches. Backing a wagon with the front is night and day to rear backing. It also looks like it gives some body protection. I didn't check the weight but it looks loads lighter than the Tough Country I was looking at. I talked to the people at TTC and they can also make a custom Fairlead mount and drill all mounting holes just for my winch. Will get it here and then there's some other parts I'll need to install it.

Got a question. And I not sure I going to do it. Take a look a the fourth picute below. The underside of the passenger side dump bed. Anyone think this could be a good location for a second battery? I have no room under the hood as you can see from the fifth picture below. I have windsheild washer pump in the only area you could mount another battery. I've measured the area and you can get a pretty good size battery in there. I'd say you need to get some type of box to mount it or build one. Let know what you think.

1649531141811 1649531210901 1649531241012 1649531848648 1649532187420 1649532220089

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pulled the trigger today. Ordered the TTC Meduim Front Winch Bumper. Just got the new Ramsey Honcho UTV 5000R winch in yesterday. I like the look an function of the bumper. It sets the winch low but very accessible. It also comes with a front receiver. This is great for me. I farm and my gators had front hitches. Backing a wagon with the front is night and day to rear backing. It also looks like it gives some body protection. I didn't check the weight but it looks loads lighter than the Tough Country I was looking at. I talked to the people at TTC and they can also make a custom Fairlead mount and drill all mounting holes just for my winch. Will get it here and then there's some other parts I'll need to install it.

Got a question. And I not sure I going to do it. Take a look a the fourth picute below. The underside of the passenger side dump bed. Anyone think this could be a good location for a second battery? I have no room under the hood as you can see from the fifth picture below. I have windsheild washer pump in the only area you could mount another battery. I've measured the area and you can get a pretty good size battery in there. I'd say you need to get some type of box to mount it or build one. Let know what you think.

View attachment 328863 View attachment 328864 View attachment 328865 View attachment 328867 View attachment 328868 View attachment 328869
The bumper looks good. As far as the battery a lot of people have put a large battery under the driver's seat.

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 328863 View attachment 328864 View attachment 328865 View attachment 328867 View attachment 328868 View attachment 328869
I like the looks of that bumper. I have never added a winch to mine but do want a top mount style. Let us know how that one works,mounts and of course looks. I liked the Slasher when it was still produced but had read that the mounts were flimsy and not to buy it.

Reactions: Lady01
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hope it's not flimsy. I talked to them and they have rated it for a 9000 lb. winch. I don't believe all that because your tear the turd in two pieces. When I get it here I'll post some pictues before installing so everyone can take a peak. I can weld more on it if I have to but for the price it ought come with an automatic butt wiper. Oh, and yes, I definitely wanted the top mount. If get stuck, more than likely, I'm stuck in deep mud. I want the winch out of the mud and easy to get to. Plus if you look at the winch I bought it's to big to fix where honda has provide. Even if you relocate the solenoid it's still won't fit. The winch is heavy, it weights 33 lb. Another reason I the weight this bumper is layed out is that it probably only weighs a little more than the factory one. I'd like to keep my weight down as much as I can.
I did find something a long the line of a light weight secondary battery. A Braille B3121. This thing is 6.6'' L x 5.2'' W x 6.8'' H, only weighs 21 pounds and has 31 AH. Check it out a Jegs. All I've got to do is figure out how I want to wire it up. Most on here think I need the isolator and I'm begining to think that would make sence. But I'd like to have it where I can maybe flip a switch and use both batteries for starting. The machine sits out under the carport in the cold and when it's cold and nasty is when I need it the most. I raise cattle, so it doesn't matter what the weather is I have to tend to them. Plus the grand kids gotta sleigh ride.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!