Texas Tough Customs Rock Sliders

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Hello People,

I called my self searching for this before I posted. Does any one have these thoughts comments or concerns? I have compared the JEI and TTC and for a 100 bucks more you can get the TTC. I called them today with couple questions and TTC was very nice and helpful.

Please let me know what you think.
7509ab0f57816e0097bed2619607d869

TTC Rock Sliders (Bare Metal) | Texas Tough Customs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have looked at both but have haven't purchased. One problem with the JEI for me is I have full cab doors and they will not fit with the doors. Not enough clearance at the bottom of the doors. And the problem with both of them is the amount of ground clearance you lose. My machine is stock and that's a lot of ground clearance to give up. Another problem for me is the full cab doors are so thick that neither set will fully protect the bottom of the doors. I've been thinking of fabing a set. My idea is to use 2 1/2" wide 3/8 thick flat bar to attach to the underside then weld a heavy pipe far enough from the frame to protect the bottom of my doors. By using the 3/8" thick flat bar you'll only be losing 3/8" of ground clearance. It's a big project an I haven't 100% committed to yet.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I have looked at both but have haven't purchased. One problem with the JEI for me is I have full cab doors and they will not fit with the doors. Not enough clearance at the bottom of the doors. And the problem with both of them is the amount of ground clearance you lose. My machine is stock and that's a lot of ground clearance to give up. Another problem for me is the full cab doors are so thick that neither set will fully protect the bottom of the doors. I've been thinking of fabing a set. My idea is to use 2 1/2" wide 3/8 thick flat bar to attach to the underside then weld a heavy pipe far enough from the frame to protect the bottom of my doors. By using the 3/8" thick flat bar you'll only be losing 3/8" of ground clearance. It's a big project an I haven't 100% committed to yet.

Correct I was thinking also about ground clearance issue. Seeing how they are 1”3/4 tubbing. I am sure they are super strong, but would hang down some. I have 3” lift with my cfab arm and I am running 30” Rock a Billy’s.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
How do they mount? I wouldn’t be worried about the sliders bending or anything, I’d be worried about destroying the chintzy side rails if they mount to that.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 393292
If I ever get skid, I would have to modify one or the other.

You’re not running a skid plate? 😳
IMHO, I would skip the rock sliders and do a full skid plate from @SuperATV or Trail Armor.
A full skid plate was one of the first mods I did and I can’t tell you how happy I am with it, and it slides over rocks well. Not sure what kind of stuff you ride in, but that skid plate definitely protects all that high dollar stuff under the buggy.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
has anyone slipped lined the bottom frame pipe below the doors ? and will it help
Yes, lots of different ways to reinforce that bottom pipe, sleeving it (especially before ya phuck it all up) is great insurance.
20220514 214823
20220514 233445

It can take a little elbow grease but well worth the effort 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!