P1000 Thanks

N

Nlviking

Apr 18, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hello All,
Just recently ordered items from the club store. Got here really quick and no issues getting to Canada.

I ordered:
1) The back up light connector
2) The high beam light connector
3) The switch harness for on/off switches - original version
4) 2022 HONDA POWER ACC PIN FOR KEY-ON POWER - i used it to power a relay attached to a fuse box.

Thanks for all the help. Will order more later for sure.
Will post a pic or two later

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice, appreciate it.
Can you answer a few questions for me as I know very little about customs?
Did you get charged any extra? If so, what for and how much?
I know very little about how this work and I'm trying to learn how to navigate these issues.
Thanks.

N

Nlviking

Apr 18, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Nice, appreciate it.
I know very little about how this work and I'm trying to learn how to navigate these issues.
Thanks.
i just paid the exchange rate at the club store. The is also an US 30 shipping charge. My US total was less that $100 and it appears that the package may have been opened somewhere along the line but that was it.

so in short, there were no custom charges

P

Peterhope

Dec 5, 2021
Bc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice, appreciate it.
Thanks.
Just to give you more info.
I’m in Canada and ordered from the sxs store total of $242.90 USD including the $30 shipping fee. I then paid a further $31.30 CDN customs fee when I picked it up at my local post office. My experience with Canadian Customs in the past is never the same. Sometimes they charge and sometimes they don’t. But if your product was manufactured in china and comes through the US get ready for a large charge. Sadly I learned that lesson a number of years ago.
I’m not complaining just FYI

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My experience is it depends on who it is shipped with. When I receive packages from the US and they are shipped USPS and Canada Post delivers it is much cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex etc. The brokerage fees is where they get you. Duty is is the same. UPS has called me before to see if I have my own broker and I dont. They ask if I would like to use theirs so I do. It’s very expensive compared to the post system. I’ve also found it easier to track through the post system although it’s usually a longer wait. Just my 2 bits.

N

Nlviking

Apr 18, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
i just paid the exchange rate at the club store. The is also an US 30 shipping charge. My US total was less that $100 and it appears that the package may have been opened somewhere along the line but that was it.

so in short, there were no custom charges
My experience is it depends on who it is shipped with. When I receive packages from the US and they are shipped USPS and Canada Post delivers it is much cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex etc. The brokerage fees is where they get you. Duty is is the same. UPS has called me before to see if I have my own broker and I dont. They ask if I would like to use theirs so I do. It’s very expensive compared to the post system. I’ve also found it easier to track through the post system although it’s usually a longer wait. Just my 2 bits.
Ok, I ordered the battery isolator and now its stuck in customs. Thankfully appears to be Canada Post. Not sure how long it will be stuck there 8 days so far.

advertisement
P

Peterhope

Dec 5, 2021
Bc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I ordered the battery isolator and now its stuck in customs. Thankfully appears to be Canada Post. Not sure how long it will be stuck there 8 days so far.
My order was also the isolator and other misc items and came through customs no problem. I’m sure it’s just Christmas delays etc etc. Customs is like a mixed box of chocolates….. some good some bad. Patience is for others…. I can’t wait that long. 😎

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I can tell you what not to say, I was sending my whips off to have them shortened, the UPS lady opened up my carefully packed box and asked me what they were, I replied, nuclear dynamite sticks, thought she was going to have me arrested on the spot! HA! Some people just don't have a since of humor.

N

Nlviking

Apr 18, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
This my setup. I had a bit of it done before I got the isolator.
I still Have a couple of lights ran of the main battery (ran through the connections I got on the club store). I also connected a small cab light and gps charger directly to the aux battery. My voltmeter and horn is connected through the fusebox. The fusebox is ran off a 80A ( overkill) relay. The relay is triggered off the new keyon accessory wire (again from the club store) in the 2022 model.

my wiring could look a little better.

47E7BA93 E185 446D 83A6 EAB3D334BDF5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!