The 2021 Rimrocker Round Trip Overland Trek

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve got a room booked at the Black Canyon motel in Montrose for Saturday night August 28th and again Saturday night September 4th to start and end this ride.

if anyone else is interested…..

No, and I don’t think Remote ever even asked the guy.
Would it be impolite to poke him in the ass? It would be wonderful to have a more secure location on private property.

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm back on now. Been locked out for a while. Changed email. And couldn't confirm it. It's all good now

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Would it be impolite to poke him in the ass? It would be wonderful to have a more secure location on private property.
I’m honestly not sure of the prospects of that to begin with….

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you can find the name of the private land owner, PM it to me, and I will go see him when I go to Montrose to shop.
You want to cold call on a guy and ask him if 10-12 strangers can park their trucks and trailers in his yard for a week….😳

Remote hasn’t even asked the guy and I’m not satisfied he intends to.

Anyway, I’ve left many a truck and trailer at trailheads without any trouble. Always a first, but lock you trailer to your truck and don’t leave valuables in the bed of the truck…..🤔

Reactions: WhiteLightning
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You want to cold call on a guy and ask him if 10-12 strangers can park their trucks and trailers in his yard for a week….😳

Remote hasn’t even asked the guy and I’m not satisfied he intends to.

Anyway, I’ve left many a truck and trailer at trailheads without any trouble. Always a first, but lock you trailer to your truck and don’t leave valuables in the bed of the truck…..🤔
You're lucky...I was out on a snow machine for a couple hours and when I got back at the truck...window was broken and the cab was cleaned out including two guns and a 35 mm camera worth more than the guns. Guess it depends upon your past experiences and how much trust you put into trail head parking lots. YMMV!!!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone putting stop light strobes on your SXS? Just bought one for a motorcycle and thought one that can be switched off/on might be appropriate for the 700.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You're lucky...I was out on a snow machine for a couple hours and when I got back at the truck...window was broken and the cab was cleaned out including two guns and a 35 mm camera worth more than the guns. Guess it depends upon your past experiences and how much trust you put into trail head parking lots. YMMV!!!
Well first of all, I would never leave such valuables in my vehicle at a trailhead….😳

But as has been discussed a few times on this forum over the years I’ve been here, the consensus is that trailheads as campgrounds are relatively safe. Sure, there are stories. People die in plane crashes too, but it remains a relatively safe mode of travel.

It was months ago that remote offered to check on a place for us to park on private property, but he has yet to do so.

I’m not going to press that further, but others are welcome to. I’ll be parked at the trailhead myself. I suppose people could look to find a secure place to park in town as well…….🤷‍♂️

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well first of all, I would never leave such valuables in my vehicle at a trailhead….😳

But as has been discussed a few times on this forum over the years I’ve been here, the consensus is that trailheads as campgrounds are relatively safe. Sure, there are stories. People die in plane crashes too, but it remains a relatively safe mode of travel.

It was months ago that remote offered to check on a place for us to park on private property, but he has yet to do so.

I’m not going to press that further, but others are welcome to. I’ll be parked at the trailhead myself. I suppose people could look to find a secure place to park in town as well…….🤷‍♂️
No need to try to defend your position, Since a private lot was suggested I would just feel better if a more private and maybe safer parking lot was available. If it is not available then we'll deal with it. Vehicle break in's can and do occur most anywhere.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It was suggested by one Remote who never actually asked the guy who’s property he was offering and I’m not sure ever intended to….🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was suggested by one Remote who never actually asked the guy who’s property he was offering and I’m not sure ever intended to….🤷‍♂️
If I lived a little closer I'd give it a shot. Rancher's association might be a place to find leads.
BTW, I bet the vast majority of folks in ID carry guns in their vehicles...that may be why we're so polite. I lost a .410 I use for spruce chickens and The other was an old beat up -06 for deer, bear, wolf, cat or whatever needed to be killed...kinda miss it actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
As of June first the Montrose county road and bridge crews had completed clearing of the trail at the upper elevations of windfall and snow. The new threat is the #PackCreekFire which has been burning from the Moab area to the east. Presently a small section of the trail has been closed due to this, but a detour has been provided. Again, hopefully these conditions no longer exist by the end of August.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The pack creek fire is still burning and according to the Utah state forestry website, they expect it to burn for weeks.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
As of June first the Montrose county road and bridge crews had completed clearing of the trail at the upper elevations of windfall and snow. The new threat is the #PackCreekFire which has been burning from the Moab area to the east. Presently a small section of the trail has been closed due to this, but a detour has been provided. Again, hopefully these conditions no longer exist by the end of August.
Guess August is the rainy season there? HA! The West is in for a hell of a fire season this year?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Guess August is the rainy season there? HA! The West is in for a hell of a fire season this year?
Late July through mid August is the peak monsoon season for western Colorado. Of course the monsoons can start lightning fires…..

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm about ready to go. The last items, blinkers and license plate light will go on the next weekend I'm off . Then I'm parking it till the ride.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sample T-shirt finally arrived. Looks real good though…👍

BD9BCBE7 B2DB 4DAB 86FA DD1A8DEC7815
5C8D599F 1A19 45E8 8BB0 93735599E2C6

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!