P1000 The great disappearance

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering if anyone else noticed the disappearance of mavericks, yxz's commanders and wildcats. Saturday we watched 2 new p10 and a p5 come down the road and a limited p10 come in on a trailer. Its be every weekend for last 3 months. On the trails more hondas than ever, there everywhere now.theres still the 2 groups of razors with a few talon defectors. At the dealers near me sold tags on every p10 the moment they hit the floor. Theres still one big group of out of stater's with there decked out mavericks hard parked next to the trails. " i hope this stupid sh,** don't catch on". my brother and i refer to this as the great disappearance. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was wondering if anyone else noticed the disappearance of mavericks, yxz's commanders and wildcats. Saturday we watched 2 new p10 and a p5 come down the road and a limited p10 come in on a trailer. Its be every weekend for last 3 months. On the trails more hondas than ever, there everywhere now.theres still the 2 groups of razors with a few talon defectors. At the dealers near me sold tags on every p10 the moment they hit the floor. Theres still one big group of out of stater's with there decked out mavericks hard parked next to the trails. " i hope this stupid sh,** don't catch on". my brother and i refer to this as the great disappearance. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.
The p1k is definitely making an impact here in AZ. Seeing talons a lot too. A few 700's. And almost no 500. Still...can am and big ass RZR's decked out rule the roost here.

Reactions: Isaiah
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where we ride in Missouri we are looked at like odd balls. RZR is Supreme here. Of my friends I have 1 with a p1k3. Anyone else I know has Polaris. There are more can ams than Polaris here but side by side is mostly rzr and 4 wheelers are mostly outlanders. When we go to Walter's ranch we are typically the only ones with a Honda. I have seen 1 other riding around and then it seems like there are 50 rzrs and 10 can ams.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to mention that here locally in our small farm town we are the only ones with a Honda. Everyone else drives rangers.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
In my area since August 2019: I bought a 1000-5 deluxe, two other identical red ones I see a lot (i know the one guy), my cousin got a yellow one, a friend got a gray one, and now my neighbor has a 21 ordered and supposed to arrive in October. They are definitely catching on around here. However, I do know a couple people that bought Polaris in that span. But also a couple Teryx machines and a Yamaha. The SxS market as a whole seems to be exploding. I seriously can't wait for the new Yamaha to come out... not that I can afford it......

obas

obas

Jul 30, 2020
Pell City, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I spent last weekend at Windrock and was surprised to see hundreds of RZRs, a few CanAm, one Talon and only two Pioneers. The majority of the trails were definitely good riding for the Pioneers.

R

rickoshea

can ams and hondas around me.probably because the dealers are so few and far between.you need to drive a few hours to get service or parts for yami's and polaris.cf moto is non existent,and there is an arctic cat dealer in town but they sell mostly snow machines.there's 2 honda dealers very close (relatively speaking) to me.the local one also sells can am.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We did see a lot of krx for a few weeks. couple of friends traded there tried and true teryx for them, all are broke down. Just had a guy stop in to see if I could fix his overheating and clutch bolts keep coming out on his 1 mth old krx. Dealers tell him November before they can look at it , i just smiled not till next week.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We did see a lot of krx for a few weeks. couple of friends traded there tried and true teryx for them, all are broke down. Just had a guy stop in to see if I could fix his overheating and clutch bolts keep coming out on his 1 mth old krx. Dealers tell him November before they can look at it , i just smiled not till next week.
You're gonna hurt some feelings talking like that. Lol

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of everything around here but I'd have to say Polaris is still king..

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I do know that our dealer here is a big one and they have sold a ton of Pioneers just this year.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Around here for every 10 sxs’s you see 9 are Polaris. Since we bought our Honda in June Ive seen a couple pioneers, 2 talon 4 seaters, no regular Talons, handful of CFMoto, never seen a Kawasaki or Yamaha on the trails.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HONDA EVOLUTION, MAN....

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed a few more this weekend, that I've never seen before. both p10 with the big honda wings on the side thinking about doing it to mine looks pretty good.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Polaris is king of the coop around here. Started seeing more honda pioneers 1000s last year and More and more this year. Polaris RZR and rangers ,honda pioneers and talons and a few yamaha rhinos and that's it.

Reactions: Backwoods

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was one of the first in my area to buy a Pioneer and was the outcast for a while but the tide is turning in Northeast Kansas/Northwest Missouri area. It used to be nothing but Rangers and RZRs with a few Commanders and Mavericks sprinkled in but in the last couple of years I've been a couple of rides where the Hondas outnumbered the Rangers. The farmers around here used to be blind to anything but Polaris and I'm even seeing a few of them with Hondas nowadays.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!