P1000 The "No Step" Cover

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who the heck at Honda idea was it to attached the "No Step" cover with frigg'n push pins...a cover that will, in the life of the machine, come off countless times for various reasons. What a bird brain.

For my first time out, the centers are lost in the twilight zone meaning REPLACEMENT not REUSE...Guess the plan is to just buy a bag of push-pins. What a PITA...

Honda use to really have their $hit together, now they just are another black hole, corporate, make things cheap money sucker. Ass holes...Doesn't help the dealer is 60 miles away.

<<Rant Over>>

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Who the heck at Honda idea was it to attached the "No Step" cover with frigg'n push pins...a cover that will, in the life of the machine, come off countless times for various reasons. What a bird brain.

For my first time out, the centers are lost in the twilight zone meaning REPLACEMENT not REUSE...Guess the plan is to just buy a bag of push-pins. What a PITA...

Honda use to really have their $hit together, now they just are another black hole, corporate, make things cheap money sucker. Ass holes...Doesn't help the dealer is 60 miles away.

<<Rant Over>>
You know, I'm all about grabbing the Pitchfork and lynching Honda over bad ideas and mistakes, but this ain't one of them.

The push pins are extremely cheap, non proprietary, nearly tool less to remove, ensure the plastic stays where it should, and doesn't have any tabs that can break off or wear out from repeated removal.

Also, how could you even ever step on that? Like even if you wanted to how could you?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dlgarus and lee
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know, I'm all about grabbing the Pitchfork and lynching Honda over bad ideas and mistakes, but this ain't one of them.

The push pins are extremely cheap, non proprietary, nearly tool less to remove, ensure the plastic stays where it should, and doesn't have any tabs that can break off or wear out from repeated removal.

Also, how could you even ever step on that? Like even if you wanted to how could you?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hell, you didn't make me feel ANY better!! LOL I was all for rounding up the mob and go draw some Honda engineer blood. Oh well, guess I'll just settle back and enjoy a cold one. The rant was about all I could muster tonight anyway...ZZZZZZZZZ

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

<<Rant Over>>

The center pin on one of mine fell out while driving somewhere before I even made the first service. I replaced them with the same push pins that go everywhere else on the machine. They don't fall out as easy and you can get them off nearly as quickly and they are cheap.

Amazon.com: 100xNylon Fender Clips Body Rivets Honda Rancher/Foreman/Rubicon/Rincon/TRX680: Automotive

J

JTW

1) like crow said, order them from Amazon.
2) when you remove them only pull the center pin 1/2 way up. Keeping the center pin part way in makes life easyer.

And yea, damb engineers.
Those guys aren't like a case of crabs! Evidence that a good time was had but was it really worth it!? Lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
1) like crow said, order them from Amazon.
2) when you remove them only pull the center pin 1/2 way up. Keeping the center pin part way in makes life easyer.

And yea, damb engineers.

The bad thing is engineers and manufacturer go to great lengths to make detailed owner manuals with valuable information on how to perform many things correctly with the expectation that people are smart enough to read and follow instructions. However between this forum and FB posting, it is clearly evident 95% of those books will dry rot unopened.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!