P1000 The perfect East Coast crawler setup?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think Windrock, Royal Blue, and East TN.
What would it be?

Thinking SATV forward arms for more clearance , Walker Evans shocks , remove rear sway bar and 30" tires? No lift.
Wheel spacers for a little width?

I have even thought about custom arms for more travel with a set of King shocks and Rhino axles. But this would require some downtime to fab up the arms and my shop is full till i get another build done.

Project "Snowball"....

I basically want clearance, and flexibility.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Think Windrock, Royal Blue, and East TN.
What would it be?

Thinking SATV forward arms for more clearance , Walker Evans shocks , remove rear sway bar and 30" tires? No lift.
Wheel spacers for a little width?

I have even thought about custom arms for more travel with a set of King shocks and Rhino axles. But this would require some downtime to fab up the arms and my shop is full till i get another build done.

Project "Snowball"....

I basically want clearance, and flexibility.

Perfect. I think many of us around that area run something similar. Few have added a lift kit.
Ya, you need a good skid plate.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully I can get the project in the shop done before the summer wheeling season gets here. Also fabbing up tree kickers and a spare tire carrier .

Gotta order another set of tubing dies for my bender for the tire/rotopack/cooler carrier I want to do. Gonna do some 1 1/2" tubing there to save some weight. Thinking about doing it in aluminum to save even more weight.

Current stock of DOM 1 3/4" tubing screams at me every time I walk by...
Bumpers, different cage....

Oh.. and a rear winch! Which means new exhaust. Yes a skid plate is already in the plans.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!