Talon The Talon has an improved charging capacity/alternator!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The Honda Talon is based off the Pioneer 1000 drivetrain with many noted improvements. But small improvements are showing up that might become a positive for the Pioneer crew.

One such thing is the Alternator.
The Pioneer has a .6 kW charge rating. Calculations show it can handle 50 amps alone.
The Talon has a .7 kW charge rating. Calculations show it can handle 58 amps alone.

Will they interchange?
It's unknown at this current time. We will know more once the parts diagrams drop come spring.
Is 8 amps worth the difference to switch? Not in my book. Unless I was already there!

Why?

This could be due to the i-4WD system requiring more power or a needed improvement the Pioneer 1000 line could benefit from. Quick check, we show the 2019 Pioneers keep the same part # so I doubt we will see an upgrade any time soon.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda Talon is based off the Pioneer 1000 drivetrain with many noted improvements. But small improvements are showing up that might become a positive for the Pioneer crew.

One such thing is the Alternator.
The Pioneer has a .6 kW charge rating. Calculations show it can handle 50 amps alone.
The Talon has a .7 kW charge rating. Calculations show it can handle 58 amps alone.

Will they interchange?
It's unknown at this current time. We will know more once the parts diagrams drop come spring.
Is 8 amps worth the difference to switch? Not in my book. Unless I was already there!

Why?

This could be due to the i-4WD system requiring more power or a needed improvement the Pioneer 1000 line could benefit from. Quick check, we show the 2019 Pioneers keep the same part # so I doubt we will see an upgrade any time soon.
What's the LE it has I-4wd

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
H

HondaTech

It wouldn't be worth it unless you needed to replace the stator for whatever reason.

I'd bet the connector is the same style, but the wiring length could differ, depending on where they decide to mount the connector on the Talon. The P1K is right under the drivers seat, directly on the regulator if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!